Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ariana Grande Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ariana Grande has the number one album in the country this week:

The set, which was released on Aug. 17 via Republic Records, starts with 231,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Aug. 23, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 127,000 are from traditional album sales.

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Looks like Death Cab missed the top ten. :-/

3. Around ~14. 23k sps/ 19k sold.

quietwords likes this.
  4. fbrrocks

Trusted

I bought my copy ASAP when this came out Friday morning

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Good for her. I’m really liking the album.

ilikedesigning likes this.
  6. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Her voice is incredible. This album is incredible. Hopefully people stop writing her off as a Nickelodeon star, and give her the credit she deserves.

7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Mitski at #52!

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh I forget she was on nick. Prob mostly cause her shows were after my time. And it prob helps that she doesn't look like the same person anymore. But I feel like she's actually transitioned rly well and I don't rly see nick brought up in the convo about her

9. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

@Jason Tate Am I wrong, or do you need to update your IOS version?

Edit: Maybe that's not it, but I keep seeing random capital 'I's.

10. Not sure what this is in reference to.

11. serotonin

It was a random capital I in the middle of "ArIana", which I noticed on another article the other day, but it's gone now so. Thought it might be a weird auto-correct issue.

12. Hmm. I don’t see it here. That may be something on your end? I’ll double check but I don’t see the capital letter and didn’t change this article either.

13. serotonin

Ah, I guess Chrome just shows the bold typeface with no space between so it seems like an uppercase I. It's at 100% zoom, so I'm not sure if anyone else sees it that way. Anyway, sorry to take over a news post with something completely off topic.

upload_2018-8-28_13-41-26.png
    upload_2018-8-28_13-41-40.png
    upload_2018-8-28_13-41-59.png

14. No worries. Very weird. Wtf Chrome. That’s a strange rendering of that type.

It should be much more defined:

upload_2018-8-28_11-47-35.png

15. serotonin

Well, I couldn't get it to reproduce on my Pixel 2 or Surface Pro, but happening on both Firefox and Chrome on my 1080p work monitor. Not sure. Here's it at 80, 90, 100, 110% on Chrome and Firefox at 1080p, if it's helpful. Could just be my machine.

upload_2018-8-28_14-8-20.png

16. Haha, I am inclined to blame Windows or something.

17. always blame windows

Jason Tate likes this.