Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘True Detective’ Season 3 Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Awesome, first season was the best but I enjoyed the 2nd one too. Trailer looks good!

3. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

2nd season got a lot of shit but I still liked it. Excited for this.

4. grimis16

Regular

Has to be better than season 2, that was excruciatingly awful.

Arry, Serenity Now and Ska Senanake like this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I thought Taylor Kitsch was really good in it, even though the whole thing was a bit of a misfire overall.

6. Pooch

Regular

it sucks that season 2 was not received well cuz Vince Vaughn and Collin Farrell are super underrated as actors.

7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Is anybody watching the Sinner? I missed the first season but season 2 is very reminiscent in tone of the first season of Ttue Detective. I gotta go back and catch the Jessica Biel season now.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

If I wouldn't compare it with the first one, the second season is still pretty good! Loved watching it eventually, and can't wait for another one! The trailer gave me some chills!

9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Acting was fine across the board IMO, story was interesting, just not well executed through a mediocre script and relatively uninteresting characters.

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I wanna be a lobster

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

You really should season 1 is excellent. I still haven't started season 2 yet but will soon.

12. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

This is a pleasant surprise. S1 is some of my favorite TV of all time. S2 was just too hard to follow deapite great acting. When you need a blog to breakdown and organzie the plot, you know you have a problem.

13. Pooch

Regular

Ska Senanake likes this.
  14. BradBradley

Regular

The first season was very good! I think it works better watching episodes back to back via streaming; Jessica Biel is great in it. I haven’t caught any of season 2 yet.

15. grimis16

Regular

It's not that they weren't good actors in it. The cast was great, but the story was a mess and uninteresting. Season 1 had so many mysterious imagery or hints of something that made the viewer talk and predict what would happen next. It was visually stunning, had great dialog and a story that flowed from one episode to the next. Season 2 had none of that and came off as a boring generic waste of time.

16. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I remember reading Pizzolatto felt rushed for season 2 so even though it was still enjoyable maybe the break in between that a season 3 was a good thing

coleslawed likes this.
  17. man season 1 of this show is still some of the best television I've ever seen

glad season 3 is returning to the south

Carouselboy likes this.
  18. The second season was fucking awful.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  19. Carouselboy

Watched it on Netflix and I agree. I really enjoyed it. Sharp Objects was also reminiscent of it