Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hippo Campus Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ahhhh this is great news! One of my favorite bands over the last couple of years. Looking forward to seeing them in October too.

3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Totally different vibes from anything else they've done, but pretty good. I'm a little disappointed passengers is on the album. That song is a snooze fest.

I hope there's more of the guitar work that put them on my radar but I also could enjoy an album like Bambi throughout so we'll see.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Agreed. Just read they incorporated more synth and drum machines into the new record. Really hope they still incorporate their signature guitar riffs into the music too.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

After reading a couple interviews, I feel like the record as a whole may be on the slower side. They throw terms around like "challenging their listeners" and "creating confusion" when describing it.

6. grimis16

Regular

Bambi...makes me think Tokyo Police Club.

SEANoftheDEAD and smowashere like this.
  7. grimis16

Regular

I wish I didn't watch that video. I might have liked the song more.

8. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Awesome news.

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just got into them this year. Bambi sounds quite pleasant, we'll see how the rest will flow.