Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bring Me the Horizon – “Mantra”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

Definitely more “poppy” than anything else they have done, but it’s still pretty good and very catchy. The drums and guitars are pretty seeet here as well. Also Oli really is killing it with the vocals. I know some fans will be pissed cause it’s not as heavy but I still dig it regardless.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. SPine

Trusted

Definitely sounds like the last album

CMilliken likes this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

That release date though! January?!? Seems a little out there to announce something so soon.

5. bloodinthesand

Regular

This is really good

6. This is fine. The opening guitar riff definitely got stuck in my head.

coleslawed and Analog Drummer like this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Way too long of a rollout imo. Song is fine.

8. Legocarpet

Something makes me think this is a standalone single and won't be on Amo.

9. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

yeah it does seem a bit far off, although Fall Out Boy announced their last album before it was even recorded like 7 months in advance. I don't like when bands release half of the album as singles before the actual album release so hopefully this is not whats happening here.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. Analog Drummer

Regular

Industrial metal sounding I dig it

11. This is surprisingly better than I expected. Very similar to "Rapture" by Underoath with a better riff to my ears.

12. They confirmed that it will be on the album. It wouldn't make sense if it wasn't.

13. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I dig it though Oli sounds way different. There's a bit of brit pop coming through in his voice and far less grit than usual. Overall it's a natural progression from the last album. It's a bit soft for my tastes but it's certainly not a bad song. I'm excited for the album though so someone remind me, because January?

Analog Drummer likes this.
  14. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I really like this. It reminds me a lot of Jane's Addiction (one of my all time fav bands) with way more modern production. I think this might be the best song they've released since the Sempiternal days, and I did like That's The Spirit.

15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Really excited for the proper American tour with this. Never got to see them on That's The Spirit's run, and those songs were made for arenas.

16. Analog Drummer

Regular

It certainly was. What a tour it was. Make sure you see this Amo tour

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

so stale