Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Watchmen’ Picked Up by HBO

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

HBO has officially picked up Watchmen:

Watchmen on HBO will not adapt the comic books of the same name. The network said that, “‘Watchmen’ embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own.”

“Some of the characters will be unknown,” Lindelof explained. “New faces. New masks to cover them. We also intend to revisit the past century of Costumed Adventuring through a surprising yet familiar set of eyes…and it is here we will be taking our greatest risks.”

Nothing ever ends. #WatchmenHBO #DamonLindelof pic.twitter.com/ioJU0dQipw

— HBO (@HBO) August 17, 2018

2. tomtom94

Trusted

I'll keep an eye out for the first trailer. I was really excited for a miniseries adaptation given that while I love the Snyder film (fight me) there are obvious ways it could be improved upon. The thought of original content in the Watchmen universe doesn't really excite me in the same way considering Before Watchmen was by all accounts pretty terrible. But we'll see.

Saephon and coleslawed like this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Alan Moore is so angry right now

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I need to watch this movie again.