Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellogoodbye – “Let It Burn”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm not feeling the style of this album.

Brent likes this.
  3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I'm feeling the style of this album.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I hope this album has style

SuNDaYSTaR, Brent and AshlandATeam like this.
  5. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

The first three comments in this thread sums up nearly every thread when bands release new records/songs.

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I completely agree. None of these songs are even moderately interesting. If this wasn't hellogoodbye, no one would even think twice about them.

Sybil and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  7. So many of us love this kind of music done well. I disagree with this completely.

This album’s awesome, unique, and so layered. It’d be awesome under any name.

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

There are dozens of us. Dozens!!!

We will remain silent no more.

9. :clap: disco is great :clap:

10. schackbr

Regular

not my thing. will always listen to their new releases though

11. CyberInferno

You've had a chance to hear the whole album, so I'll try to reserve judgment, but "Let It Burn" and "S'only Natural" still just sound like a boring attempt at "Uptown Funk" to me. I'll admit to disco not being my cup of tea, but trying to think about it objectively, I'm just not hearing anything unique or special. This album so far reminds me of something I'd hear in an elevator or on hold with tech support.

12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to their last album, Everything Is Debatable, and if you're paying attention these new songs sound like such a natural progression from that record.

13. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Love the groove of this and S'only Natural.

14. edquin

Whoa, I love this.

15. oneeightytwo

Regular

Is this feat. Nile Rodgers?

16. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

God bless you if you think this sounds like elevator/hold music. You must ride some pretty interesting elevators and deal with some unique call centers. And if “Uptown Funk” is your only touchstone for this style of music, you need to branch out a little!

Dan O'Neill and mmhmm like this.
  17. AMC

Regular

Sounds horrible

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I will contribute to the positivity. I like this a lot.

Arry, Dan O'Neill and Bartek T. like this.
  19. I will contribute to the negativity. I have NOT heard this song yet and I will NOT judge an album before it's released. BAH HUMBUG!

zigbigwig, Spencer Rhoton and mmhmm like this.
  20. CyberInferno

I stand by my statement. Elevator Music | Royalty Free Music - proudmusiclibrary.com

And I admitted that I don't listen to funk music. My point is that it sounds like hellogoodbye is trying to emulate that pop-funk style, and in my opinion, aren't doing it well. That being said, there are enough members on this site who appear to like this, so to each their own. I'll probably refrain from commenting on their music for the near future unless something changes since I don't see any reason to be continually negative.

21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yea not digging this new direction no matter how hard I try. For those that enjoy it, im jealous. Have fun with it. I’ll tune in for the next round.

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I dig this style of music but in my opinion, it doesn't suit Hellogoodbye. Their version of it just comes across bland.

CyberInferno likes this.