Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix’s Plan to Conquer the World

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brian Barrett, writing for Wired, with a behind the scenes look at Netflix:

The instant Daredevil premiered, Netflix greeted its users with eight header image variations of Matt Murdock and friends, shown to customers in eight identically sized chunks. Netflix immediately began tracking which top shots inspired the most streaming.

By now, those eight images will have given way to the best-performing two or three. After 35 days, one of those will become the default. The rest will vanish. This happens now for every Netflix original show. It’s survival of the clickest, all around the world.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Ready for Netflix to conquer my world in like 2 hours when Kimmy Schmidt drops.

3. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

That's actually pretty fascinating haha. My favorite part of that is "Matt Murdock and friends." Makes me think of the Daredevil crew as jovial cartoon characters. Perhaps the Punisher with a Nerf gun, Elektra with a couple of forks, and Daredevil with a... walking stick.

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still haven't checked out DD, I'm so behind on tv

5. notbrokejustbent

I haven't started the new season yet but I hear it's great. The first season was awesome!

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

First four or five episodes of Daredevil season two were really good. The middle section is dragging for me. Having a hard time getting through it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I loved the season until maybe the last few episodes, but I still enjoyed those. The Black Sky/Electra stuff was just dumb and unneeded.

8. _unproductive

Regular

But it's fairly important for where the series is headed.

I thought it dragged a little in the middle, but I'm happy with how it all wraps up.