Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Matt Skiba Talks With Kerrang

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio and Blink-182 talked with Kerrang:

I’ve been around really, really famous people – legitimately where you walk down the street and people start screaming and stuff – and that doesn’t look like any fun to me. A lot more people know who I am, but I feel like fame isn’t a real thing. It’s an idea of something. I think you can chase fame and you can inflate it or you can shy away from it. I think it’s a lot easier for men, because they make women sex symbols when somebody becomes really famous. But people are always pretty nice to me and I’m friends with the same people I was before. It’s all about how you treat it. I think the one thing that blink does that Alkaline Trio didn’t is… my parents have always been very supportive, but now that I play in blink, all of my parents’ friends are so jazzed that it makes my folks excited. From the outside looking in, it is a huge new step – it’s definitely a point in my life that will always stand out. It’s been fucking wild. But I haven’t really let fame into my little weird world.

2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Really cool interview.

New album is shaping up to be cool.

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Skiba is just an awesome dude. So glad he’s in blink and alkaline. Guy is a machine handling both and doing so well in both.

Viva la Skiba!

Bartek T. likes this.