Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Beckett and Frank Zummo (Video Interview)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I had the opportunity to interview a few people at Emo Nite Baltimore last Saturday.

First up is Frank Zummo, drummer of the legendary band Sum 41, and he talks about inspiring young people through the “Drum Tour,” meshing genres in his set at Emo Nite, and new music from Sum 41.

I also spoke with William Beckett, formerly of The Academy Is…, and he talks about his band’s legacy in emo, making new music, and crushing on The Cure.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Happy to see a new William interview.

StoJa9 likes this.
  3. Madmod

Lurking

Is he always this..... rough in interviews?

HarrisonMonopoly and BornToRun like this.
  4. StoJa9

Regular

Please, emo gods, just give us one more TAI album.

5. thebencarter

I thought I heard rumors of a new TAI album?

6. moura

Regular

I was thinking the exact same thing...

BornToRun likes this.
  7. StoJa9

Regular

Don't you guys fucking toy with me.... :fist:

8. moura

Regular

My comment was is response to William's interview feeling a little... scattered? - however, I would definitely love to see what TAI sounds like present day... I loved Fast Times and the AP/EP a lot!

9. StoJa9

Regular

Oh, haha

I just listend to all three in the car on my drive to and from work this week. Fast Times is one that's definitely grown on me after all these years. The first two are untouchable though.