Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Karl Schubach Explains Leaving Misery Signals

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. currytheword

Trusted

Originally posted this on instagram in the comments of one of his posts, but I think people were having trouble reading it entirely. One of my all time favorite bands, and it surprises me to find out that Karl was so withdrawn from the band for the latter half. I think it probably goes hand in hand with the fact that they've been a rather private band that never had drama spewed on the internet. Happy to read he's feeling like he's in a better place. I hope he gets the help he needs and deserves because I can't imagine what this probably felt like to him.

I hope this album with Jesse back on vocals sees the light of day. If we're lucky, they're just taking their time to make it as good as possible. Malice is no easy album to top.

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Malice is a masterpiece, so, releasing something compared to that is going to be a gargantuan feat.

currytheword likes this.
  4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Admittedly it was Mirrors that first got me into Misery Signals, and every time I saw them live was with Karl - so I have a preference for him on their mic. It's too bad it didn't work out for them, but it sounds like everyone is at peace with it now, and Jesse is great in his own right.

currytheword likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

I still don't understand how I allowed myself to miss the Malice 10-year tour. Forever kicking myself. I also have only ever seen them with Karl. Every set was flawless.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Incredible band, was listening to them today actually for the first time in ages.

currytheword likes this.