Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anthony Green on Music, Creativity, and Identity

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

James Shotwell sat down to talk with Anthony Green over at Substream Magazine:

He continues, “It was through trying to realize that similarity that I learned I was bipolar. And it was during the creation of that song when I was like, this song is about being okay with the fact that you’re paranoid. You know what I mean? Yeah, you’re paranoid, it’s okay, you have to fucking trust that it’s okay that you’re feeling this way because it all goes away. Even the good stuff. And so, it was intended to be a love song about a person and a romantic feeling, and it just ended up being almost a love song about being bipolar and that it’s okay. I wanted to call the record Bipolar Love Songs, but I’m thrilled I didn’t because it came out on the same day as that Kanye record where he makes a big deal out of it.”

2. currytheword

Trusted

Reading more into this after the quote, I actually got upset at how Anthony describes his coming to terms with his own reality and learning to let go of who he was.

I don't get how the world turns out ugly people and then somebody like this. Genuinely someone i'm happy to say I am a fan of since my youth. I will grow old admiring Anthony Green.

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Would still kill to hear that Anthony/Cove collab

4. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

yeah that was a great short interview
    I could listen to him and Colin talk for hours

currytheword likes this.
  5. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Always got respect for AG. Great guy