Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah” Is Being Adapted for TV

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lesley Goldberg, writing for The Hollywood Reporter:

The Plain White T’s No. 1 hit “Hey There Delilah” is being adapted into a scripted TV series.

The Grammy- and Tony-nominated band is teaming with Lively McCabe Entertainment and Primary Wave to develop a scripted romantic dramedy based on its chart-topping single about a long-distance relationship.

I’ve got nothing.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

[​IMG]

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Wow what do you think the theme song will be?

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I just learned this song was produced by Ariel Rechtshaid. Wow, he's come a long way since then.

5. gbuffers

England.

Just... so... weird.

I get if someone listened to Hey There Delilah and thought "I should make a TV show about a long-distance relationship" but why specifically about the song?

Will Delilah live in New York City? Will her boyfriend be a musician who will pay the bills with his guitar? Will he walk to her if he has no other way? Will he be 1,000 miles away? Will they fix the grammatical error in the song title? So many questions that need answering!

Still a good song. Overplayed when it finally hit the mainstream, but when I go back and listen I appreciate it again now.

6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I heard Lifetime was creating a TV movie based on “Face Down” by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus as well.

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"Cupid's Chokehold" - Gym Class Heroes

8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

10 years too late?

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Well it became a single forever after it was released so this is fitting haha

Blowmybutthole and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

Jonathan likes this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This show was a mistake just for reminding me of RJA

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  13. tempttherevenant

Custom Supporter

Good for them. :thumbup:

14. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Do you feel like a man when you push them around?

15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

[​IMG]

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

At the time that this album came out, I heard a rumor that the song was about this girl I knew that he had apparently been with on tour. I have zero indication that any of it was true, nor does it matter but I knew she was a girl that hung around the scene often and she had a photo with him at a show. The story was told to me right before my friends played me the song, well before it became popular, so the story always just stuck in my head.

Anyway, it is really weird that they are making a TV show about this song.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

‘Stop’ is a fantastic album. Alkaline Trio’s Halloween at the Metro show was my first show ever at the Metro in Chicago, but PWT’s were my second show ever there. Armor For Sleep opened up for them too!

So crazy thinking about this!

18. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

"California" - phantom planet

Zilla, Jason Tate and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Just to clarify, it was about runner Delilah DiCrescenzo. The lead singer ran into her at a party and told her he would write a song about her. She had a boyfriend and they never went out. But she did go with the band to the Grammys because of it.

20. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Honestly, the only time I've ever listened to a song and thought the plot should be adopted into a film/tv show was "The Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

What about "Albuquerque" by Weird Al?

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is America

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I want someone to get the rights to OMC's "How Bizarre" so they can make a show out of that and finally give that story a proper ending.

Essie and MightyBrian like this.
  24. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I was sitting in an empty terminal at MSP airport when this song came on a couple weeks ago. I was like really? Ithought people were long over this song and wondered if they were still a band

25. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I had heard a story that the song was about a girl who had broken up with him wayyyy before he wrote the song and it was a really creepy stalker song that made her life difficult. Seeing some posts above, I guess I heard wrong?