Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellogoodbye – “S’Only Natural” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tape_deck_heart

Really would like that pink vinyl, but definitely would never wear the shirt. Wish there was a standalone option

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That was... quite a video. Were there lyrics in it?

4. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

That was so much fun. I feel like the song was screaming for more of a hook but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Excited to hear the rest. Post-Drive Thru Hellogoodbye has killed it so far...

h8bit likes this.
  5. transrebel59

Regular

I really feel like he's getting very close to hitting top 40 radio again. This has vibes of those random indie songs that break through.

JamesMichael likes this.
  6. JamesMichael Aug 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2018)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

New song is really dope! It’s got some serious 70’s funk going on. Damn I have to hand to hellogoodbye they’ve never put the same album out twice. Everyone has always brought something new to their sound.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I feel like I listened to a different song than everyone else did (ignoring the video). I heard a bad Bruno Mars b-side with nothing interesting about it whatsoever.
    Lyrics are in the video description.

8. That bass is everything.

9. brothemighty

Trusted

I can't believe it's been 5 years

S'alright

I don't see how a straight up disco pastiche constitutes a breakthrough. If this kind of song was going to break out over the past decade it had 4,578 chances.

Brent likes this.
  10. LCT Music

Regular Supporter

Disco AF

I’m keen to here what else comes out. Every album has been so different

11. gbuffers

England.

The bass is amazing. Really like it... but the rest of the song (particularly) vocals, fail to match it, which makes it a bit bland to me. I love Hellogoodbye as well.

12. Walkabout

Regular

white hot fire

13. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Bass and funk are awesome. Like the hook but still think the vocals are a bit too quiet and low in the mix.

14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Judging by all the youtube clips on his page of them tracking different elements of each song I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get into this release.

15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Was hoping to enjoy it a bit more than I did, but not a bad song. Sounded like a watered down Great Good Fine Ok song

16. Oh yeah, this is fun

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, That bass line....amazing.