Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blood on the Dance Floor’s Dahvie Vanity Accused of Sexually Assaulting Multiple Women

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MetalSucks:

Meanwhile, rumors about the multi-instrumentalist’s predilection for taking advantage of his predominantly female adolescent fanbase have been floating around the Internet for years, and there are now multiple online groups that seek to alert the world to Dahvie’s alleged crimes. And yet, somehow, Blood on the Dance Floor continued to record and perform successfully, and to receive positive (or at least neutral) press. Only recently has BOTDF is Garbagecore, a Facebook group devoted to outing Dahvie as a sexual predator, had success derailing the band’s tours.

Now a handful of Dahvie’s victims have bravely stepped forward to tell MetalSucks their stories in the hopes of preventing him from hurting anyone else.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Is Dahvie the tall or short one? The short one has had accusations for years (ever since the band became popular) but his devoted fans have always swayed the conversation.

3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

The short one. If anyone in the scene deserves to be taken down, it's him. Garbage human being through and through.

studskalny and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  4. thecobrakais

Regular

this is my surprised face. :scream:

Brent, CMilliken and heymattrick like this.
  5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm glad he's finally being held accountable for his shitty actions. He's been getting away with this shit for years.

This blog post from Ash from New Year's Day years back really cemented for me what a terrible piece or garbage he is.

this is what Ashley Costello said about Dahvie.

6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

This is a shocker /s. Brokencyde will probably be the next outing.

Brent likes this.
  7. AshlandATeam

Trusted

There's something extremely depressing about knowing this guy was arrested in 2009 for sexual assault. And then no one cared or did anything in law enforcement, and he was given a platform to do these things, all from 2011-2016. People knew he was a predator, and yet, he'a been given a platform to prey or people for a decade.

We have to do better than that as a society. We just have to.

Petit nain des Îles and SEMUSIC like this.
  8. BradBradley

Regular

Are they even still releasing music? Didn’t they try to crowdfund an album a couple of years back and it flopped massively? Who on earth would be listening to Brokencyde (ever) in 2018? I ask you these questions because while I could google them to find the answers that I lackadaisically seek, I’m scared of my phone contracting any one of a multitude of possible viruses.

9. I don't want to say 'this checks out' but uh

this absolutely checks out. fuck this guy.

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They put out an album at the end of June. They're somehow still a thing

11. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I feel the state of things can be summed up thusly:

All I could see of the title when viewing the main forum page was "Blood on the Dance Floor's Dahvie V..." and I just guessed the rest of it would read some permutation of "accused of sexual assault" and fuck me was I ever on the money.

Now either I'm a soothsayer or this is a generally consistent and predictable occurrence.

I don't wanna rule out the former though 'cause that would be awesome.

Carrow likes this.
  12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Heard about this kind of thing with this dude for years, this is not a surprise. I think he was even arrested for it before but the case fell apart(?) I think

13. Analog Drummer

Regular

I’m more shocked it took this long

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. Bass0820

I am so pissed that it took this long for something like this to happen. This dude has been preying on underage girls for years and everyone knows it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ecstatic this is finally happening but I am pissed that it’s taken so long.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. chilllll

Regular

wtffffff he was accused of sexually assualting girls back when myspace was bigger than facebook... nothing new!!! stop supporting disgusting people.

16. DutchDynamite

Don't live your life like a sad country song

what an awful piece of shit

17. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

it is good that this is getting coverage now in the age where people take this stuff a bit more seriously. back during the late myspace days, there were soooo many stories about this guy, but being that they were part of that hyper sexualized neon emo "haters make me famous xD" scene, I think most people figured that people just made crap up about these guys because they were hated- but there is no way that musicians who make their career making sexual music directed at young girls aren't total creeps.

18. Iamhollywood315

Regular

And speaking of things. You know what’s now a thing? Trap metal. Just look at fronz from Attila’s Instagram and prepare for the cringe.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That must be it because I have no idea how this has been going on that long. Even with a number of accusations from a ton of victims and other people in the scene, it seems like for the most part it's been business as usual.

Though this is also the same guy/scene responsible for that whole "Ya dun goofed" meme that stemmed from that preteen girl's accusation that she had been involved with him. Instead of anything being done about it, she was just bullied beyond belief, so yeah, maybe it's just because the fans are as big of scumbags as he is.

20. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Yeah I mean this isn't really a band that people who care about these sorts of accusations really care about and they haven't been relevant for many years so I think a lot of people just aren't aware. As for the fans being scumbags, I think that's unfair- most of their fans are teenage girls, and they're of the mind that they need to defend the artists they love. I don't think it's necessarily fair to expect a 14 year old girl to come out and have this super clear and full understanding of the ways in which bands prey on unsuspecting victims, and how this is a pattern amongst some offenders.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sorry, I was being half-serious, mainly pointing towards the ones who loved jumping onto the bullying bandwagon but in that particular case, it was quickly picked up by trolls throughout different parts of the internet. The bulk of the blame is definitely in one place and not completely on the impressionable kids.

22. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Fuck this guy so much. The thing that happened with the girl back in 2009 in Colorado happened at a local venue down the street from me (nothing took place inside the venue as far as I know, I think the incident happened in their van.) I was there that night as I worked at the venue part-time when I was 18. I still remember seeing him get arrested and put into the cop car. This venue was really an awesome place for teenagers back then, it was in a suburban area so parents who had an issue with letting their kids go to downtown Denver for a show never had a problem letting them go here. TONS of bands played their first Colorado show here before they broke it big (A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Mayday Parade just to name a few.) The incident ending up getting the venue shut down by the police and they could never re-open. It was really hard on local bands for a few years because it was almost impossible to get booked as a local band in Denver at the time. I can't believe it's now almost 10 years later and he's still able to get away with it. I hope he's caught and locked away for the rest of his life. I feel so sorry for that girl, I can't imagine what she went through and i'm sorry for the rest of the girls he's done this to.

23. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

definitely, I just didn't want to make it sound like I was saying "oh wow how do you not know!!! Eeeeeeveryone knows about this" which some people do to one up others in the accountability world.