Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Announce Anniversary Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Devil Wears Prada have announced a With Roots Above and Branches Below tour to celebrate the album’s ten year anniversary.

The Devil Wears Prada are pleased to announce a very special tour this fall. The band will embark on a trek to celebrate the upcoming tenth anniversary of their landmark third studio album With Roots Above and Branches Below. The band will play the album, which arrived on May 5, 2009 via Ferret Music, in its entirety.
    Joining The Devil Wears Prada on this run will be Fit For a King and ’68.

“In anticipation of 10 years of WRAABB, we’ll be playing the record front to back through the end of this year,” said singer Mike Hranica. “Us dudes in the band appreciate record anniversary tours — and with that we wanted to offer the same. We’ve been looking forward to this for the last year or year-and-a-half — please enjoy.”

The first leg of the tour kicks off on September 27 in Seattle and runs through October 12 in Springfield, Missouri. The trek includes several stops in Canada, as well. Additional legs will be announced in due time.

The VIP on-sale is live here. The general on-sales are set for Saturday, August 4 at 10am local time.

The Devil Wears Prada will hit the road in late August with Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, and Polaris.

9/27 — Seattle, WA — El Corazon
    9/28 — Vancouver, BC — Rickshaw Theatre
    9/30 — Edmonton, AB — Union Hall
    10/1 — Calgary, AB — The Gateway
    10/3 — Winnipeg, MB — The Garrick Centre
    10/4 — Minneapolis, MN — Varsity Theater
    10/5 — Iowa City, IA — Blue Moose Taphouse
    10/6 — Milwaukee, WI — The Rave II
    10/7 — Detroit, MI — St. Andrew’s Hall
    10/9 — Indianapolis IN — Deluxe at Old National Centre
    10/10 — Cincinnati, OH — Bogart’s
    10/11 — Nashville, TN — Exit Inn
    10/12 — Springfield, MO — The Riff

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

DAMN!

Guess they're not doing With Roots Above here since they're already coming with PWD and ABR. Would've really enjoyed that.

3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

It's a little strange they're doing the 10 year tour before it's actually been 10 years, no?

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t care too much until I saw ‘68 on the bill. Not sure if it’s worth it just to see them. But they’re awesome! Love me some Scogs!

5. goosetoph

u wut m8?

VIP comes with special 10 year pressing of With Roots on vinyl, along with meet and greet, and a variety of other things.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

It would be cool if they did a standard repress of this album. It’s the last one I need

7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

That pressing is fucking gorgeous! Hope it will be released outside of the VIP package.

johnnyferris likes this.
  8. aniafc

Trusted

They probably have new music coming out next year that they’ll want to promote instead, would be my guess!

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Hopefully, it's better than 8:18 or Transit Blues. These guys are just not the best at making sludgy metalcore.

aniafc and thechetearly like this.
  10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

*I know A ghost*

bestofmoss and thechetearly like this.
  11. chavril

I wish they did a tour for Plagues. Hoping for a date close to me

12. gotta go to that Indy show!

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This should be a great tour.

14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

ahhh fuck i feel so old i remember seeing them as a barely teenager playing this stuff cause it was new

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I remember playing an early version of I Hate Buffering on the Underoath/Saosin tour in 2008. They synth part in the intro was much more prominent live for that song

16. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

It says in the press kit that this is only the first leg. I'd expect a much more inclusive North America tour late fall/early winter.