Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 27th, 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Denzel Curry
    03 Greedo

paperlung likes this.
  3. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

The new MxPx is incredibly good, one of the best full-lenght records this band has ever put out over the course of their entire career.

I'm also really enjoyin' the new Like Pacific album, Jordan Black's vocals on this one are fantastic, IMHO.

paythetab and theasteriskera like this.
  4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Thin Lips – Chosen Family

Doe (RIYL Muncie Girls, Speedy Ortiz, Tancred) also dropped the first single “Heated” from their upcoming sophomore LP yesterday, so that’s already gotten a ton of play from me

Jake W likes this.
  5. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Not much for me this week so gives me the opportunity to spend more time with recent releases from Meg Myers, Florence + the Machine, CHVRCHES and Hopesfall.

Will probably check out the new Talons album too which came out today.

6. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Brigades
    Like Pacific
    Plini

7. DannyZach

Trusted

I would never believe I will see article in 2018 sayin MXPX,Face To Face and New Album in one sentence haha.FEELS AWESOME

8. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

New Like Pacific is really good.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. mikeyoperocia

Rome Hero Foxes released a new one today. Their last album "For When You're Falling Backwards" is incredible! Worth a spin.

Gooddayz and Chrishunna like this.
  10. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Like Pacific

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Underworld+Iggy Pop should be something.

12. theasteriskera Jul 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2018)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

This is the slowest week of the year for me so far. Damn, I guess I'm just gonna have to listen to State Champs & Real Friends again...

The Chainsmokers
    MXPX
    Face to Face
    Super American's Audiotree sessions
    Like Pacific
    AJJ (rarities album)
    Rome Hero Foxes - They used to be like a Dance Gavin Dance thrashy post-hardcore band but have reimagined themselves to be more of a surf rock band like Tennis/Best Coast/Real Estate

13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Brigades? The same band that releases Indefinite?

14. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Yup. No longer on PNR. This EP has more of an easycore feel like their pre-PNR days.

slickdtc and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Ok but why am I genuinely enjoying mxpx and it’s 2018 when I haven’t liked them since I was 11

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I remember being sooooo disappointed by Indefinite. Crocodile Tears was such a promising start.

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Wow had no idea they were still a band!

18. Stevie

Regular

Fair Do’s - ‘Leopards’ will melt your face while you sing and dance against your will.

19. SPine

Trusted

Caamp!

20. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

OHHHH! AJJ (formerly Andrew Jackson Jihad) surprise released a rarities album today!

edisnfg likes this.
  21. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Metric has two great singles out right meow... "Dressed to Supress" and "Dark Saturday," check em out on that Internet thingy

Bass0820 likes this.
  22. CMilliken

Trusted

Yet another week of Real Friends and Save Face. Not complaining. Kinda like weeks where there aren’t any new releases so I can dig into a few albums.

23. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Indefinite had some really good songs on it but I agree, after Crocodile Tears it was a bit of a let down.

This new EP has got that little something to it that sets it apart from similar pop punk/easycore style bands of today. Really digging it, and a surprise release for me!

Does Release Radar on Spotify not work that well? I’ve listebed to Brigades infinitely more then Drake as artists overall, yet Drake’s album from 3-4 weeks ago is still showing up on there and actual new releases aren’t. Frustrating. Paid placement?

24. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Halestorm album is real good as per the usual for them. Like Pacific is real good also. Oh, Weatherly is another who’s album I think dropped today or at least this week. Their album is okay but I didn’t finish it bc I was disappointed in it. I’ll give it another listen though later.

25. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

My complete list of things to check out today. I may post a follow up with some short reviews/thoughts later in the thread.

Friday’s are great. The start of the weekend and New music:

Today’s new tunes I’m checking out:

Halestorm - Vicious

Like Pacific - In Spite of Me

Brigades - True Blue

Oh, Weatherly - Lips Like Oxygen

Miss Fortune - How the Story Ends

Rise Against - The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol 1

MXPX - MXPX