Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dave Eggers and Shawn Harris Team Up for New Children’s Book

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Author Dave Eggers and The Matches’ Shawn Harris have teamed up for a new children’s book called What Can a Citizen Do? Pre-orders are now up.

A group of children turn a lonely island into a community across the course of several seemingly unrelated but ultimately connected actions. Coming this September, available to preorder now via Chroniclebooks.

A dollar of every book preordered will be donated to @citizenuniversity, a national platform for fostering responsible and empowered citizenship!

2. red8ge

Regular

really stoked shawn has had a second wind as an illustrator for eggers' stuff. i've given his last book to some teacher friends for their classrooms

3. sammyboy516 Jul 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2018)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I teach third grade in a primarily African-American inner city. This is dope. It's incredible how positively kids respond when they see a kid who looks like them in the pages of a book. The message would resonate with them as well, for sure.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

I've never actually given any of Eggers books the time of day but I'm sure I'm missing out on something. Can anyone recommend a good starting point?

5. ‘A Heartbreaking Work...’ is his autobio and a good place to start imo.

coleslawed and shogunTORTOISE like this.
  6. red8ge

Regular

what is the what and the circle are cool

shogunTORTOISE likes this.
  7. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Grazie