Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avenged Sevenfold Cancel Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Avenged Sevenfold have been forced to cancel their summer tour. A message from singer M. Shadows can be found below.

There is no good way to start out a note containing bad news but here it is.

After Europe I came down with a terrible viral infection that rendered me voiceless.

I tried my best to take care of the situation with voice rest, medication and doctor visits but my voice was only getting worse.

After a week of steroids the swelling went down enough to see the cause of the problem. A blood blister has formed on my vocal folds and is preventing them from vibrating properly. In short, I can’t sing anything at the moment and the more I attempt to the more damage is being done. Luckily, as of now the doctors feel that 3 months of no singing and voice rest should get my chords back on track.

Unfortunately, this means we will have to cancel all tour dates at the moment.

Decisions like this weigh on me very heavily. It’s a tour I was looking forward to very much. I want to apologize to the fans who have spent their time and money booking travel arrangements and accommodations. I also want to apologize to our crew and the other bands who were depending on this tour.

None of these things are lost on me.

Just know that I have exhausted every possible solution in trying to get out there and perform for you. It just simply can’t happen at the moment.

We have a few things coming down the pipe soon that should be fun so we hope you look out for those.

Again, I am deeply sorry and hope to see you all soon.

In silence,

M

Raku likes this.
  2. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Well, that was a pretty thoughtful message.

Raku and Ska Senanake like this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

Came here to say the same. This was really nice of him, especially the piece about knowing people working the tour *depended* on it for income.

Still, though, he's gotta take care of his voice and do what he can to try and get it back. Major bummer, though.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've always liked these guys and I love that Brooks Wackerman is in the band now.

StoJa9 likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Classy

Raku and cosmickid like this.
  6. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I feel like M always has something up with his voice?

Petit nain des Îles and Brent like this.
  7. aniafc

Trusted

Yeah, he’s got a history of his voice being damaged, if I remember correctly

8. StoJa9

Regular

He's got one of the best, most distinctive voices not just in metal but in all of music. Hope he gets better soon.