Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Name Taken – “Blood and Bones”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm into this. I wouldn't have been able to guess it was Name Taken if I just heard the song on its own, but knowing it's them I can definitely hear some elements of their old sound in it.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dig it. is that chad singing? if so, he sounds different.

4. momo32t

Trusted

Name Taken brings me back to the good old days of Absolutepunk.net. Song is not up on Spotify yet, but they did say sometime today or tomorrow.

Arry and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Half of me wants to whine about how different it sounds, but all of me wants to bang my head and listen to this on repeat.

6. onion

Whoa, blast from the past!

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

they need to put the silent game ep on there too! i'm having nostalgia whiplash from listening to 'safety of routine'

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  8. maxracer

whoa cool

9. Definitely is. Haha. 14 years will change some voices!

SEANoftheDEAD, buckcheeks and Arry like this.
  10. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

Cannot emphasize enough how happy this makes me. The sound is not what I expected but gets better with every listen. Hope they do more. Hold On is one of my favorite all-time records; still know every word.

parkerxcore, dorfmac and Jason Tate like this.
  11. ibanez966

Awesome that they're back to making new music. I love Hold On

Wikipedia says they started out as "All That's Left" and while I don't think it's the same band, that reminded me of this forgotten band

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Every time I hear the band name Panic at the Disco, I think of Name Taken. Hold On was a good record for the kind of musis/label at the the time. Again, another example
    of a band that I would have been interested in hearing follow up records from.

13. popdisaster00 Jul 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2018)
    OMG

are they putting more music out!?

@Jason Tate what do you know

Benny Burrito likes this.
  14. dorfmac

Trusted

x2 on the hold on comments. what a great album from start to finish that (for me at least) still has staying power for me to consider good now.

i'm sure that after a few listens and once i divorce my self from what i "expect" from name taken, i'll enjoy this too.

All That's Left was definitely a different band, but I learned about both them and Name Taken from the old mp3.com. I always thought that they would make the jump to the forefront of pop-punk at the time, but it just never clicked i guess?

15. I think these guys were like 18 when Hold On came out. That album is perfect.

Benny Burrito likes this.
  16. buckcheeks

Regular

If that’s true, it’s crazy to me. I was 18 when that album came out. I was busy being late to every class senior year and these guys were busy making one of my favorite albums.

17. As far as I know, this is all they're doing right now. They just wanted to as friends get together again and write/record something.

18. dorfmac

Trusted

What was the reason they stopped recording initially? Was it an actual “break up” or did they just have other things going on and music went on the back burner?

19. AFIAK they decided to go to school/college and the album only sold ok.

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked this bands energy. I’d say A Year Spent Cold was my favourite song by them. Some bands flourished in the Napster era due to file sharing and exposure, and other underperformed and fell through the cracks in the big picture.

Still fun to see bands like name taken, autopilot off, acceptance, and such coming back.sort of.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. It’s a nice treat to have.

Benny Burrito and Jason Tate like this.
  22. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

23. Dan Jones

Sounds a lot different to Hold On, but I like it. The last minute or so sounds like it could be a Local Natives track

24. gbuffers

England.

It's got a Killers vibe to me. Massively.

I love Hold On, to this day. Part of me when I heard they had a new song expected to hear more of that, but it wouldn't be right. 14 years is a long time. It has not gripped me instantly, but I will give it a few listens and see where I fall.

HarrisonMonopoly likes this.
  25. Dog Fish

Mutt

cold war kids vibes start at 3:00