Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K – “Bummin'”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

morken likes this.
  2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I like it. The chorus is top notch. Been rocking this, Mmhmm and Forget.. all day.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I've listened to this so many times.

Eric Wilson and Jason Tate like this.
  4. good chorus - sounds like the good ol days of RK

morken, CMilliken and Eric Wilson like this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

The chorus is very summer-y, and I dig my Relient K that way. I like this more than anything off of their last record. Call me excited

Eric Wilson likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed this song on the first couple of listens, but am loving it more and more with each subsequent listen. Love the vibe of it. Going to be perfect for the summer.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Randomly decided to spin Mmhmm today, and then this song drops. I really enjoy it on first listen, super fun.

8. Not the hugest fan of the production, but this makes up for CL.

9. CMilliken

Trusted

Same. I've played through Two Lefts, Mmhmm, and Five Score. FANSD is next. This song really made me want to listen to Relient K.

10. CMilliken Apr 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

I really like this song. Good vibes all around. I think Air For Free is going to be great. Time will tell though. I'm really excited for this album.

11. morken

Relient K have so many good songs! I loved The anatomy of the tongue in cheek when that came out (I'm old, I know) and everything after that I've loved even more (except for the dud that was collapsible lung. Jeeez..)

Hoping this album is a return to form.

CMilliken likes this.
  12. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Loving this.

13. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Been listening to Mmhmm all day, and I like this new one too. Have they announced any tour plans yet to support this new album? Hope they'll have a hometown show on there. I've been living in the Akron/Canton area for the past 11 years and have failed to see this band even once... definitely have to change that.

14. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I know that I am part of a very small group, that very well could only include me- but I actually really dug Collapsible Lung.

Once I read the nterview that said it wasn't going to be a proper follow-up to FANSD, but just a collection of songs that they wrote with a very distinct direction in mind (i.e. Pop Radio)...it made me dig it even more.

The title track to CL is by far one of the better songs they have written too. In my very biased opinion. :)

15. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

On first listen, the only part I'm into is the last 30 seconds. I like how it builds up.

16. CMilliken

Trusted

up until CL each album imo got better and better. CL had some good songs on it, but it wasn't what most RK fans want from them. Bummin' sounds like a good return to form. Really hoping the rest of the album is as good or better than Bummin'.

morken likes this.
  17. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

This is great. I can't remember being this interested in Relient K since Five Score (though I eventually came around on FANSD).

18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

@Frank Lapidus As a massive Lost fan, I would like to tell you that I have great respect for your username and avatar. That is all.

Frank Lapidus and atticusfinch like this.
  19. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

I'll take it, and I'll definitely be listening to this while traveling this summer.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. simonbelmont

Regular

You're not alone, I initially hated it and grew to love it. Especially the bookend tracks, they can deny all they want I still don't think that was accidental....like just has a conceptual feel to it. It's got such a uniformity to it.

Also loving Bummin let's keep this going!

21. joshuaharris

I didn't like it very much at first, but it's really grown on me.

22. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Thanks!

23. morken

I can agree that the title track is great. I really like Don't Blink and Collapsible Lung of that album - everything in between just never interested me. Maybe it's because everything they had done before that album was so consistently good and smart (in my opinion). I see what they were trying to do with that album, but I don't think they really succeeded in crafting any memorable pop songs with captivating melodies.

24. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

This is the sorta stuff I'd have expected to follow Forget and Not Slow Down, now I can't wait for the whole album to drop.

25. CMilliken Apr 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

I really don't mind CL. It has some really great songs on it. After I read an interview where they said it was a one and done thing and then they would get back to doing their normal thing it grew I me more as well.

That being said I do return to it less than their other albums.

Edit: I'm listening to CL now. The only song I actually hate is That's My Jam.