Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grimes Talks With Rolling Stone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Grimes talked with Rolling Stone about new music in the works, sexism in the music industry, and how rock music could work in 2016.

I personally really love [British bands] like Bring Me the Horizon and Foals. There’s definitely a future in rock, but it will probably be more fusion-oriented, like rock that uses 808s. Twenty One Pilots is kind of like that – it’s sort of rock, but the sound is hip-hop. You know all those songs on [the Smashing Pumpkins’] Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness that almost sound like Lorde or something? I feel like that vibe has not been explored.

2. Agreed, that's the reason Enter Shikari are one of my main inspirations as a musician. One downside is the close-mindedness of certain music fans which have this weird "genre A and genre B shouldn't belong together !!" mindset.

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Grimes loves Foals!! YES!!