Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mom Jeans Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

its on streaming as well.. not a huge fan.

3. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

why did this come out today?

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, why a Tuesday? Also have seen zero promo for this.

5. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

Because it leaked a month and a half early and the day before they were to announce album and first single.

6. like this album a bunch!

Butinsmallsteps, Arry and teebs41 like this.
  7. paperlung

damn - ever since getting a streaming subscription i havent cared about leaks at all. i know back in the day if an album leaked it was a big deal, seems like less of one now /shrug

8. Can someone explain this band to me? It seems like the worst parts of all the "weed lmao" emo that's popped up recently (like Free Throw and Dikembe, except I enjoy Dikembe).

9. paperlung

Weed lmao? What does that mean?

10. I literally offered bands to explain it, but it's like emo made by dudes who have nothing real to write about. They often just write about smoking and hanging out. I included Dikembe because their first EP is literally all weed references, but their lyrics are actually interesting.

And to quote MJ themselves:

"So I’ll stay sober
    Or at least smoke a little less weed
    If you'll live closer to me so I can still sleep at your house"

11. Lucyford7

BrynneC.

It’s a big deal especially if you are the artist that put in a years time from the initial started the first song in the basement to deciding where to record then picking a label if unsigned to emails back and forth on which songs you can include to where to tour and album art can be two years. I know what your saying on the flip side but damn I’d be pissed at someone if I put all the effort in and couldn’t even announce the release and someone calls with... by the way everyone has it already for free. I could get real tainted, quickly.

12. Delirium

I'm so, sad.

They released it July 3rd because it's also the anniversary of their 1st album. So both their albums came out on the same day, 2 years apart.

The day in particular, has a special meaning to the frontman. This is also my AOTY 2018, it's really good.