Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendon Urie Pledges $1 Million to GLSEN

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco has pledged one million dollars to GLSEN (the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network). You can get more information, and donate yourself, here.

With the support of a transformative million dollar pledge by Brendon Urie’s Highest Hopes Foundation, GLSEN will work to provide resources, training, and support to students creating LGBTQ clubs in their K-12 schools.

2. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

You da man, Brendon.

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Thats pretty great. I cant believe he has that much money to donate!

slickdtc and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Whoa. That's awesome. Honestly never really thought about how rich this man is

Kingjohn_654 and RobJGolde like this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I was thinking about that today too, and i’m honestly not too surprised. Only because he’s been recording and touring pretty consistently since 2011, every record has had a couple of big singles, his tours sell really well, plus I think he exclusively wrote Too Weird, DOaB and PFTW so all songwriting credits/royalties go to him. Also his run on Broadway probably offered up a nice paycheck

6. septimus

The last two albums have actually featured a fair amount of collaboration with songwriters but I'd imagine he still sees a fair amount of revenue from there.

7. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if this is the case with brendon, but often when celebrities pledge large amounts it's not like he's dropping off a briefcase with $1 million in cash or anything. This could be over 10 years, pledging 100k/year or something. PK Subban, a hockey player who used to play in montreal pledged $10 million, but even making something like 8 mil/year, he's still only paying that off over a decade or something.

Which shouldn't take away anything from this. This is super awesome, and it's great for Brendon to use his platform for good.

supernovagirl and skogsraet like this.
  8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Thank you Brendon.

9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I actually never knew that haha so thanks for the education