Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Panic! at the Disco have the number one album in the country this week:

Pray for the Wicked — which was released on June 22 via DCD2/Fueled by Ramen — launches with 180,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending June 28, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 151,000 were in traditional album sales. Both figures represent the biggest week for an alternative rock album in 2018.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Hell yeah. Awesome record.

3. Super cool. Also, the 5th best week of sales for a vinyl record since tracking began in 1991!

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is awesome and well-deserved. I've been spinning this and the new Mayday Parade album pretty much nonstop over the past couple weeks.

5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Well-deserved for sure… album is a pop pleasure. This is my favorite record of his since Vices & Virtues.

Mr. Serotonin and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. ZeoVGM

Regular

Album is fantastic. It feels like a more cohesive version of his vision for Death of a Bachelor. Will definitely end up in my top 10 for 2018.

Jonathan and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Wow more than FOB?

8. fbrrocks

Trusted

Yes I love this album and had to go to two targets to find it

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Not that it's not deserved, but I've always had a hard time believing how popular the guy is.

10. CyberInferno

I know they're working on the algorithm for streaming numbers, but it still seems like that needs work. Only 29k/180k were from streaming? So over a 5:1 ratio of physically purchased vs. streamed? Something doesn't smell right in 2018.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The pre-order was MASSIVE.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

also 1 album stream doesn't equal 1 sold album

13. CyberInferno

Oh yeah? That's great to hear. I might pick this one up physically. Even though I stream everything on Spotify, I do still like buying albums on occasion.

14. CyberInferno

That I do know. I just figure in 2018 that at least 50% of people who are listening to P!ATD are using streaming services. For the people I know who actually listen to music on a regular basis (not counting over-the-air or satellite radio), they're all using either Apple Music, Spotify, or Pandora (just the radio part not their premium service).