Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sheryl Crow Says Final Album Coming Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I love Sheryl.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

“Albums as an art form are a bit of a dying art form. People are more interested in singles," Crow continued. "I've made the decision in my head that the record that comes out next year will be my last full album. I'll just start putting songs out...to put out really pertinent songs that feel immediate."

Ugh.

RobJGolde and Jason Tate like this.
  4. BradBradley Jul 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2018)
    BradBradley

Regular

Soak up the sun while you can, friends.

Edit: Sun, not son. Whoops!

RobJGolde likes this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

So keep the art form from dying Sheryl! Gosh

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've seen so many artists say this over the last few years. Then they try it, realize that even if you release a song as a single, that doesn't make it a hit, then go back to crafting albums.

It's kind of frustrating to have random singles by an artist floating around in my library, ya know?

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Absolutely. I feel like it's become especially common with that group of 90s artists who scored a ton of hits just before the radio format (and the industry as a whole) changed forever. Third Eye Blind is another one that comes to mind. They feel like they should still be scoring hits, so they're trying to "crack the code" of how to win over mainstream listeners. Truth is, they just don't have the sound for it, and that's okay. Sheryl Crow is definitely not the kind of artist whose fans are thinking "oh yeah, just give me the singles."

KyleK, JRGComedy and Penguin like this.