Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Soccer Mommy and Paramore in Conversation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sophie Allison of Soccer Mommy and Hayley Williams of Paramore sat down with Stereogum:

Well, first of all this album cycle we’ve just been more intentional I think about really having more women around. For me, it’s a little bit of a selfish thing ‘cause for so long I was always the only female performer on tour. Especially when we were younger and we’d get booked onto other tours I was always the only girl. And it actually affected my sense of femininity and that part of my identity for a long time. So it’s sorta just been natural timing and also our collective interest as a band to have female energy around and obviously the music is awesome too.

2. Lucas27

Trusted

It’s the biggest cliche to say someone is “so down to earth” but seriously Hayley Williams is the textbook definition. I smiled so much when she talked about jamming Soccer Mommy’s music in her hotel room. It’s like she doesn’t know she’s the singer of one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

mattylikesfilms likes this.