Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gospel According to Kendrick Lamar

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lisa Robinson, writing for Variety:

I tell him that Chuck D once told me that in the 1980s, “We was broke, but we wasn’t broken,” and Kendrick says, “I love that. I felt that for sure. Because the times we had to wait for food stamps every month, or we’d run out of food and had to wait for welfare to kick in, or walk to the County building—it wasn’t about the County building; it was about the walk to the building. Because if we didn’t have that County building to walk to, I wouldn’t have built that bond with my mother, or my father, to see that this is a family. What Chuck D says resonates so much with me, because we were broke, but we had us.” I ask him if he wants to start a family and he says, “This is the constant question, because I’m obsessed with my craft and what I’m doing. I know what I’m chasing for my life, even though I don’t know what it is. But it’s an urge that’s in my every day. That urge to make an ultimate connection with words to man. And I don’t feel I’ve done that yet.”

Essie likes this.
  2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

this was incredible

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

GOAT

Kennedy likes this.
  4. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

p good read ya