Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gaten Matarazzo Joins Paramore for “Misery Business”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

That was fun - it was also very fun for me, too, 'cause I was there and was just behind a guy probably in his late-30s/early-40s who recorded a LOT of the show on his phone with the flash on. His phone couldn't ever figure out what to focus on, and he has a bunch of shitty/extremely blurry footage.

3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

That was fun and a tad bit awkward at the same time, pretty rad for him though.

spencpants likes this.
  4. StoJa9

Regular

Music from Paramore's good era. :ok:

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Oh cool guy alert!

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Awkward for sure, but in a good way. Paramore being super cool, nothing new there.

Jonathan likes this.
  7. spencpants

I'd say they're currently in their best era. I like their newest album above all else. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, though.

Jonathan likes this.
  8. dorfmac

Trusted

I’m with you, but I would never go so far as to say after laughter is a bad era

9. Lucas27

Trusted

Don't listen to them, man. I knew what you meant. "Misery Business" is from their good era, but this current era is their great one! The hidden intention of your comment was subtle, but unmistakable, and I think you're on the right track. :ok:

10. StoJa9

Regular

It's a fucking opinion, dude. Sorry you're so triggered by it.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? What hidden intention? It's pretty cut and dry what I said. You like something, I like something different.

I mean, jesus christ....what is with this place that if you don't like an artists new stuff or direction you catch so much shit for it. Same thing happened when I said I hated "Makes Me Sick" from NFG. They're my favorite band EVER and I didn't care for this record and the amount of shit I had to eat for that hot take was unreal. I have a certain era/sound I like from Paramore and here come the fucking pitchforks again.

11. StoJa9

Regular

I didn't know that was such a controversial, hot take opinion. :scream:

12. dorfmac

Trusted

I said the same thing about the new fall out boy album. the only difference is that i was taking shit for being objectively 100% correct, and i think there's some wiggle room in the argument you're making... haha

Jesse West likes this.
  13. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

If you post a blunt comment that you know is going to get a reaction from people, don't be surprised when people react? You could have gone into detail about why you think so, why the new era doesn't do it for you, anything really...but you made a simple borderline elitist comment and are now triggered that other people maybe triggered? Do you even internet?

14. Lucas27

Trusted

I was just being obnoxious. Sorry.

But on the topic of opinions, I don’t understand how it’s fair game to criticize something on the internet, but it’s not fair game to criticize another’s criticism. After Laughter is highly revered on this site and I’m sure many would even say it’s their best work. Your comment is going to receive flack, just as it implicitly gives Paramore’s new stuff flack. Everyone knows what you posted is just your opinion and others are going to naturally reply with their opinion of your opinion. What did you think was going to happen?

Jason Tate and Jonathan like this.
  15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

go to their facebook and see so many edgy kids saying 'i miss the old paramore'. it's annoying af, and like with so many other bands, sounds change. don't be so surprised when people call you out on dumb takes. gatekeeping is dumb

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Iamhollywood315

Regular

People overreacting at comments? How surprising.

StoJa9 and Jonathan like this.
  17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

lol i dont see anyone overreacting?

18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

yeah i really preferred my favorite band when they were miserable teenagers instead of now when they're happy with life and enjoying their career /s

Jason Tate and xapplexpiex like this.
  19. KyleK Jun 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2018)
    KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

If you don't want people to criticise your subjective criticism, say something is your favourite or preferred period, rather than their good period - which comes off as way more objective, and suggests the rest of their music isn't good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Remember when Ice Nine Kills was a pop punk/ska band? I miss that sound. They need to go back to that sound instead of this bullshit "Rah rah rah!" screaming nonsense with loud clangy guitars that created something called a breakdown when mixed together.

21. spencpants

I read Nine Inch Nails at first and was all WTF

Jonathan likes this.
  22. I don’t.

Jonathan likes this.
  23. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I just took a ride in a time machine with this exchange.