Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Relient K’s ‘Air for Free’ Up for Vinyl Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Relient K’s upcoming album Air for Free is up for pre-order on vinyl. It’ll have a different sequencing than the digital release.

We spent quite a long time sequencing this album, and while I’m very happy with the digital sequence, I wanted the vinyl to be a bit of a different experience. Listening to a recording on vinyl is a special thing by its very nature, there is a certain reverence that comes with it. The songs are grouped in specific themes, so that each of the four sides can stand alone and also flow on their own. I know sometimes I forget to flip the record or don’t have time to listen to an entire album in one sitting. I wanted each side to feel like a part of the journey that is “Air For Free” but also to be an experience in an of itself. Making this album has been quite a special journey for us and we thank you for coming along.
    Track Listing

Side A

• Local Construction
    • Bummin’
    • Marigold
    • Runnin’

Side B

• Mrs. Hippopotamuses’
    • Cat
    • Elephant Parade
    • Man

Side C

• Air For Free
    • God
    • Prodigal
    • Empty House

Side D

• Mountaintop
    • Sleepin’
    • Flower
    • Heartache

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really diggin Bummin' but I don't know if I wanna buy it on vinyl quite yet...

3. CMilliken

Trusted

This is very cool. I'm definitely going to preorder this one. Can't believe we have to wait until July 22nd! I've listened to Bummin' a few times and I really enjoy it.

4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Very interesting about the different track listing. I'm wondering how I will ingest this album when it comes out. Will I keep the digital sequence the way it is, or sequence it the way the vinyl is layed out? Or should I I stay true to how the band intended it to be with keeping it separate? I know I will have to suck it up and buy a record player by then for sure.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Loki

God of mischief

Excited for new music from them... I have a good feeling about this one

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I think this is cool but at the same time I'm a stickler for listening to albums front to back. I imagine I'll be more inclined to listen to the digital track listing. Idk though. I'm just thrilled this is happening and I love Bummin.

7. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Emery did a similar thing with the You Were Never Alone's vinyl, they had all the poppier songs on one side and the heavier songs on the other and I thought it worked pretty well!

8. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Well.... $130 later.... I now have all the RK records I was missing and this guy. My wallet hurts but my heart is happy.

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Man I'm contemplating buying the vinyl with the t-shirt even though I don't even have a record player just yet.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I'm in the same boat.

Gooddayz likes this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

Nice. Relient K is the band that got me into music many moons ago, so it would make sense for my first vinyl to be from them. Ahhh decisions haha

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

please be good

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome, and likewise. It would be fitting, and cool considering how great the new art looks.

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Definitely! I saw that you're gonna pull the trigger in the other thread. I'm pretty sure I will to and now I'm thinking about adding Mmhmm since they have that discount going on haha.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep going to do it! Haha I just really like that shirt for some reason.

Gooddayz likes this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah same! That's why I even started to consider. It was mentioned how those shirts won't be printed again.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really anxious for this thing, don't know
    what to expect

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So cool. Can't wait to get this bundle in.

Gooddayz likes this.