Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fans Report in From the New Found Glory/William Ryan Key Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Reader Talas wrote in to let us know that last night in Phoenix, AZ, William Ryan Key announced he’s working on a new EP for release later this year, and he’ll be doing a run of small intimate tour dates. New Found Glory announced that Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” will be on the next version of From the Screen to Your Stereo and they’re aiming for that to come out next year.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Been trying to think of what else NFG should cover. My favorites from the previous ones have come from original songs that are typically slower

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Great to hear that Ryan is recording more music

4. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I've been pretty lukewarm on NFG material post-NWAF but a new From the Screen to Your Stereo is exciting. Still play the second volume quite a bit.

artbynickferran likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm very down for another Screen To Your Stereo.

6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure he did for this particular date of the tour too, but for the NYC show they played Eye of The Tiger as the first song during the encore, & Jordan came out in a hooded boxing robe & shorts for it. It was really cool to see Ryan Key play guitar, keys & sing harmonies; if you're in TX & able to catch the last dates you should, this tour is a really good one!

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel like NFG has lost zero momentum as a band. This tour seemed insane from the photos too. Happy for them. Saw Jordan at the Modern Times brewery not that long ago. Cool dude.

pbueddi likes this.
  8. Eye Of The Tiger sounded great last night. This band really has a gift for covers.

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I couldn’t get into the second volume but I love the original. Will definitely check out a third.

10. AndrewRnR

At the Orlando show the PA played Your Love as the walk out song for NFG, then a Hall and Oates song (I want to say Maneater) as they walked off stage. Wouldn't be shocked if those were on the album.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

Ryan said his EP has been doing much better than expected and is over 300,000 streams which is awesome. He also said he’s recording the second EP soon, aiming for a fall release. Chad from NFG also said the new FTSTYS will “complete the trilogy”
    The Marquee in Tempe, AZ was packed, I’ve seen NFG a few times there and this was one of the biggest crowds I’ve seen them draw. The Movielife was fun to see live and they said this was their longest tour they’ve been on “since they were kids” which I guess would be the early 2000’s. Bayside was also great.

trevorshmevor likes this.