Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Talks New Blink-182 Music With Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and jorbjorb like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but probably with the production of CA.

I’ll take anything the Blink name touches though. Ready for that Blink buzz to be back.

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

so what's california in line with?

5. Nap

Mark Hoppus Talks New Blink-182 Music: “It’s Really Aggressive And Really Catchy And Dark And Weird” - News - Rock Sound Magazine

"It's still in the writing stage, so it will probably change over time but right now it's really aggressive and really catchy and dark and weird. If you take 'California' and compare it to 'Enema Of The State', I would say that what we're writing now is more in line with 'Take Off Your Pants And Jacket' and the 'Untitled' record."

Mark says it until John Feldmann comes and turn everything into "really bland and really boring and pop and predictable"

6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Here's something: TOYPAJ and Untilted are totally different. How can it be like both of those, when those two records are worlds apart?

7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I don’t think anyone would claim there’s hard overlap between the albums, and lyrically there’s a huge jump, but musically they do have a noticeable amount of common ground.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. DooDooBird

Trusted

Mark is talking like Enema was totally different than TOYPAJ. If there are two blink records that are pretty much the same it’s those two.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  9. miltownrob

Regular Prestigious

like spoiders

teebs41 likes this.