Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frightened Rabbit’s Meltdown Set Replaced by Mental Health Panel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jazz Monroe, writing at Pitchfork:

Meltdown festival will today host a mental health panel in place of the scheduled set by Frightened Rabbit, whose frontperson Scott Hutchison died last month in an apparent suicide. Clinical psychologist Jay Watts will moderate the talk with Throwing Muses’ Kristin Hersh, Placebo’s Stefan Olsdal, musician and poet Dizraeli, and Christine Brown of music charity Help Musicians UK, the Guardian reports.

2. oh man, this isn't going to stop hurting any time soon

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

That's an amazing initiative.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Nope. For me there's some kind of reminder every day. I had a total breakdown when my dog (who has a new interest in destruction) got a hold of my Frightened Rabbit/Manchester Orchestra/Grouplove split last week. I wasn't even mad, I went straight to tears.

Carrow likes this.
  5. this is why I had to sell my Frabbit records. it's too fucking much. hope you're ok. :heart:

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Thanks, it survived okay. Thankfully it had a plastic sleeve over it that he focused his tearing and chewing on, and the cover and record made it relatively unscathed. In that moment though as he was pawing at the shelves to take one all I could think was "anything but Scott!".

Carrow likes this.