Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Talk About “The Party Song”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 talked with Las Vegas Weekly about playing “The Party Song” during their Las Vegas residency:

I’ll peel back the curtain a little bit. For us and for hardcore Blink fans, it was a cool song, [but it’s] a deep cut from an album that came out almost 20 years ago, so a lot of people just had no idea. And first of all, it’s a hard song to play…It’s super fast. There’s nowhere to breathe. We had to work long and hard at rehearsal so that I sing the majority of the line and Matt sings the end of the line, just long enough for me to take a break and start the next line. It was a lot of work to do, and we played it and some people were like, “I can’t believe they’re playing this!” and some people were like, “What is this song?” These are good problems to have, that your catalog is so big some people don’t recognize the songs.

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I didn't realize people didn't know The Party Song

3. gbuffers

England.

I love that song so much. Didn't realised they'd NEVER played it live.

LCT Music and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep, same. It's super hard to sing too so I get what he's saying haha

RyanPm40 and LCT Music like this.
  5. oneeightytwo

Regular

They did play it back in 2011 for the first time, but this is the first time with Matt.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Now they need to play Anthem.

7. TheJMan

Trusted

They played it in 2002 and 2010 but never played it in full. It was just Mark singing the first verse or so if I remember correctly.

oneeightytwo likes this.
  8. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I love Anthem, I think it's one of the best songs on Enema Of The State.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same. I’d say it’s my favorite song on the album. Between that Going Away To College.

10. Analog Drummer

Regular

I can barely sing it in my car in one hit let alone playing bass. Can’t blame they struggle live

Ripping song though, how can ppl not know. Must be a lot of singles only fans going

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Stevie

Regular

RyanPm40 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  12. oneeightytwo

Regular

I’d love to hear Roller Coaster love. That songs got some feeling right now.

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

Yessssss...give me Roller Coaster and Anthem ASAP

Larry David likes this.
  14. DooDooBird

Trusted

Online Songs is the best song they've never played live.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That would probably be Shut Up for me.

RyanPm40 and BornToRun like this.
  16. TheJMan

Trusted

I'd love to hear them play Everytime I Look For You live, I think they only played it maybe 2 times. 21 Days would be another cool one to hear live that's super old and probably haven't played since 1995.

As for their newer stuff, Even When She Falls, Left Alone and Misery (which I'm sure we'll hear sooner than later).

Larry David and Jared Luttrell like this.
  17. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Rebelution’s new album released today, as well.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

First time trying to sing this song with real lyrics, it's true, pretty hard hah! I think they did a good job with that, weird that so many people wouldn't know their back catalogue. Watched it on youtube played back to back with Violence - amazing drumming!