Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab for Cutie Announce New Album; Release New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Not feeling this one and unsure of whether this band is really "for me" anymore, but that's totally okay. Still excited to hear the album.

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I felt the exact same way.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

Ok song. Excited to listen to the full album. Loved their last album.

LCT Music and Jason Tate like this.
  5. EarthShifts

Trusted

I really love this band, and Transatlantacism is a top 3 album for me. Maybe even number 1. Nothing they’ve put out since then has ever come close to hitting me in the same way though.

I can hear how good they are at writing songs, and each album has had some songs I love, but there’s just that extra something that’s missing for me. I can never quite put my finger on it.

I really dig that first clip they released, but this song as a whole just didn’t do it for me. Again, it’s an objectively good song, but just missing that X factor. Still hoping it fits in context though and that the whole album clicks. I often find bands release my least favorite song from an album as the first single.

CMilliken likes this.
  6. Saephon

Regular

Not a bad song, but lacking some of the uniqueness that DCFC usually draws me in with. I feel like several other artists could have written this.

7. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I'm definitely into this one. Stoked for the album!

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Thought about this video the whole time & barely heard the song as a result haha:

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Just reminded me of Inception.

10. skoopy

Regular

I'm usually on the "new stuff is boring" train when it comes to these guys but honestly this is better than anything on the last record.

11. DooDooBird

Trusted

Man, this song just doesn't do it for me at all. Too much noise going on. Don't like Ben's voice all muffled like that either.

12. LCT Music

Regular Supporter

Kintsugi was a pretty high bar, I’m looking forward to hearing this in the album when it comes. I was pumped when they announced it, this song hasn’t increased the hype for me though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Chris Walla isn’t in this band anymore right?

14. LCT Music

Regular Supporter

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Kintsugi was easily the best stuff they put out in the last 8+ years. Phenomenal record and you’re missing out.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This song is whatever but the opening track sounds nice from the teaser vid they posted the other week. I’ll preorder the vinyl when the date is sooner since it’s not a limited quantity.

LCT Music likes this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, Kintsugi is really great, and I also wasn't so impressed at the beginning. With this one I feel it's gonna be similar.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Song is really growing on me.

Honestly don't think this band have ever put out a record that is less than an 8/10. This will probably continue.

19. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Oh boy the repeating of "Gold Rush" got super annoying pretty quickly

LCT Music likes this.
  20. skoopy

Regular

And to think all this time I was searching in the wrong places for what it was I was missing.