Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guitarist Leaves Thirty Seconds To Mars

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thirty Seconds To Mars’ guitarist Tomo Miličević has left the band.

There’s really not an easy way to say it so I thought, just say it.

I am no longer with Thirty Seconds To Mars.

I don’t really know how to explain in a note how I could have come to a decision like this, but please believe me when I say that this is the best thing for me in my life and also for the band.

The years that I have been privileged enough to spend with all of you will live inside of my heart and mind as some of the most amazing memories I’ll ever have. Even though this is incredibly painful because of my attachment to, and love for everyone involved, I know that this pain will be fleeting for myself, and anyone who’s feeling the same because I know that it is the right thing.

If there are any thoughts that have resonated with us throughout the years they are this…

Believe in yourself.
    Follow your dreams no matter what.

I want to just say how lucky I feel to have been able to stand on that stage in front of you all, alongside Jared and Shannon, and to share the moments that we have shared over these last fifteen years together.

I want you all to know how much I love everyone and how much I appreciate all of your well wishes while I was working up the courage to write these words to you all, and I’m sorry it took so long to do so.

Most of all I want to say thank you to Jared and Shannon for allowing me the privilege to be a small part of their dream and to have been able to share the stage with them for so long. I’ll cherish the moments we had together and I’ll have love in my heart ever time I think of those days until I draw my final breath.

Thank you so much for giving me a chance to live one of my dreams…

To the fans I say this,
    Please don’t be sad or angry over this and most of all, please don’t be divided over this, this is a good thing and will be good for everyone. Remember something very important, this band brought ALL of us together, me included. So, even though I’m leaving the band my spirit will never leave the family, and you never know, maybe you’ll see me sitting next to you on the lawn somewhere sometime just singing along…

With Love and Gratitude,
    Tomo

2. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Good for him.

Go, be free.

Liz and Ska Senanake like this.
  3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Left of fired?

4. tomtom94

Trusted

Can't imagine why anyone would consider 30STM a vanity project.

Carrow likes this.
  5. so 30stm is basically a solo Jared Leto project now, cool that he has something else to be fucking awful at when he's not 'acting'

Osceola13, swboyd and Tata Toothy like this.
  6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

This video always cracks me up:

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Believe in yourself.
    Follow your dreams no matter what.
    Even if it means no longer being in Jared Leto's fucking terrible band.

JM95, Carrow and youngplanetary like this.
  8. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

It's just Jared and his brother (drummer)...

And after listening to their newest release I'm not the least bit surprised that their guitarist split... there wasn't a memorable guitar part on that whole record.

9. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Not too suprising, it’s only a matter of time until all the allegations against Jared Leto catch up with him.

Carrow, Connor and summertimejesus like this.
  10. Analog Drummer

Regular

yeah agree.
    I don’t even know if there was any. I can’t only remember it sounding electronic throug out. Don’t blame Tomo if he left

Gee. Jared getting some heat. I like the band. Prob tall poppy syndrome

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Always root for fans who get to join their favorite band (and to my understanding that's what he did), but good luck to him.

Connor and Analog Drummer like this.
  12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Now if the rest of the band can quit forever that'd be great.

13. invaderphantom

He wasn't even involved with the latest record anymore. Was he even on tour with them the last couple of months? Sad for him, but I'm pretty sure he was fired because the Letos don't want to create guitar music anymore, so there's no need for him anymore. Playing the older songs that feature guitars works just as well with a touring musician, plus the Letos don't have to split the money anymore. Man, they are such ****s. 30STM isn't a real band.

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Im going to a show this weekend and they're the headliner. I'm not into them, but figured they'd be cool to watch. I wonder how this will affect the show, considering its in 4 days.

15. invaderphantom

30STM is one of the worst live acts I've ever seen. If you're not going for free or if it isn't a festival, I'm seriously not recommending them, especially if you don't know the music. Jared Leto barely sings into the microphone and they're literally only playing 12 songs, I'm serious.

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I paid for the concert, but they're not the reason lol. I'm going to see Walk the Moon, Portugal the Man, Joywave, and the Aces. 30STM is the headlining act, so I guess that gives me a reason to call it an early night.

17. invaderphantom

That's a relief, all of the bands you've listed are way better than 30STM and actually worth seeing. But in that case, I'd actually recommend staying around just to witness the disaster (but leave early to beat the traffic).

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah, I'm actually curious now. I'll watch a few songs and then call it a night. I was actually shocked to see them as the headliner. I wasn't aware they were even that big.

19. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

This was an incredible video and I thank you for sharing it

Ska Senanake likes this.