Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deaf Havana – “Sinner”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

xthisislove likes this.
  2. This is deeeefinitely not a style I wanted to see them go in....but hey! It's great!

3. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Okay I wanted to dislike this song especially since their last record was so great, but I just can't. Even thought it's a poppier direction, it's so damn catchy.

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I think this transition to a more pop-oriented songwriting really suits them. And damn, the chorus is insanely catchy.

beachdude42 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yep, this totally rules. So stoked for the album.

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I shouldn't judge a band so shallowly, but I remember seeing them live opening for Underoath ages ago and finding the singer's faces so distractingly awkward - and it's always stuck with me.

But about their music, they've consistently gone poppier over the years and it'd seem it suits them, although some of the backing vocal effects on this song I find a bit grating.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Their last album was fantastic, and this is a big departure for them. But it really works, and this is one of my favorite songs this year.

beachdude42 and xthisislove like this.
  8. xthisislove

Regular

This band keeps getting better and better! I really hope they make it back here to the states for a proper run. I don’t think they’ve been here since 2013/2014

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

They're really good live these days too. I saw them five times last year, three times at festivals and twice on tour and they vary the songs a lot and do some cool things like the reworked albums.

10. xthisislove

Regular

Love the fools rework
    But I wasn’t much of a fan of ATCN reworked