Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Gets to Go to Homecoming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Don't like the logo or title, but I still can't wait to see this movie

Eric likes this.
  3. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

It's like they want people not to like it.

Owlex and awakeohsleeper like this.
  4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I LOVE Spider-Man but this is weird...especially with Marvel being generally on point with everything else. We shall see

5. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

That is bad. And they need to give Spider-Man a rest. Yes it started this current era of big superhero movie but geez have they just killed this franchise. What reboot is this at this point?

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Awful title. Surely they could have done better than that?!

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Awkward title but the font/style look like old school Spiderman. Everyone has said he's one of the standouts of Civil War, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Raku likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Curious how the "homecoming" aspect will play into the film and story.

Raku likes this.
  9. Eric

Regular

Well technically Sony's still in charge of this movie, they just let Marvel use Spidey in the MCU in the hope it would get them more support for another reboot

10. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

how many years until the fourth reboot comes out? 2022?

Raku likes this.
  11. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Yikes. I mean I get the old-school/back to the roots approach, but Homecoming? Yikes. I get he's in high school and that he's "home" in the MCU but this... At least it's not Spiderman: Prom Night.

12. There will be reboots until the end of time, simply because Sony isn't going to let go of the franchise. If they stop making them, Spidey goes back to Marvel.

13. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Spider-Man prom night is a movie I would probably see tbh

Raku and Spencer Young like this.
  14. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

You know, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's some obscure prom night comic out there...

Raku likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So so so so dumb. the title, rebooting again, everything

16. Eric

Regular

I don't know why another reboot bothers people. It's just business. No one's forcing you to see it. I really did not like ASM2 so I'm excited and hopeful they'll do this one right.

Raku likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just find it a waste. There are hundreds and hundreds of talented people who will be spending their time making this movie instead of something the progresses the artform. It just adds to the culture of re-treading old material instead of creating something new. On it's own, it's a blip, but paired with the industry overall it's just furthering something that annoys me about the movie world these days

cybele likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The funny thing is that a movie about Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone going to prom and featuring Spidey spiking the punch or something would have been way better than ASM2.

Raku likes this.
  19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Every time I look that title card, I want to get less mad and it doesn't happen. WHY MARVEL WHY ?

20. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

I feel I am alone in this universe as the only person who enjoyed ASM2...like a lot.

carlosonthedrums, js977 and Ryan like this.
  21. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I love ASM2, don't feel alone. It's not perfect, but I love that film.

22. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

@Spencer Young I enjoyed the Amazing Spider-Man, but haven't seen the 2nd one. Every new reboot that comes along makes me want to follow the franchise less and less.

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

as someone who's always been a really casual superhero fan, but likes spidey best, i'm looking forward to this

24. joshuaharris

This is making it kind of hard to be excited about this.

25. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I'm looking forward to it, but the title card and title itself is doing it no favours.