Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketfly Hacker Stole More Than 26 Million Email and Home Addresses

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kris Holt, writing at Engadget:

A hacker has leaked personal information for more than 26 million Ticketfly users after last week’s data breach. That’s according to Troy Hunt, the founder of Have I Been Pwned, which lets you check whether your email address has been included in various data breaches.

The hacker posted several Ticketfly database files to a public server, and Hunt found that they contained 26,151,608 email addresses. Many users’ names, phone numbers and home and billing addresses were also compromised.

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i literally use this website maybe once a year and of course i just used it to buy it tickets 2 days ago

Jonathan likes this.
  3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Similar, maybe closer to 2-3 times a year for me but still, it's an even split between that, eventbrite and ticketmaster.

4. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

So did they get passwords?

Any refs for action to take. I use ticketfly at least once a month few venues here in BK use it.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Lucky for me I’ve probably moved 6 times since last using the site.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

weird, ticketfly is about the only ticketing company i buy tickets from, and i go to close to 100 shows a year, so...i'm surprised people use it so little

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Maybe that explains the fake call I got from the "IRS" today?

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been getting a lot of spam emails lately, wonder if this is why

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Had never used I Have Been Pwned before - turns out my email address has come out as part of 5 data breaches over the years. Ugh.

10. cwhit

Exactly why I’ve stopped caring about privacy, hahaha

supernovagirl likes this.
  11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

never heard of this company / site before. sucks this happened.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Ticketfly and Kickstarter have had my data compromised according to that site. 5 is horrible luck though

13. KyleK

Beyond Ticketfly, the other notable ones for me were Kickstarter, Myspace (released the data 8 years after the breach) and Disqus (didn't know I'd commented on sites that use that).

14. cwhit

actually curious: is ticketfly mostly an east coast thing right now? almost every venue i go to uses that over ticketmaster/AXS

15. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Here in Ohio I mostly use ticketmaster and ticketweb. I can only think of one venue in the Cleveland area that I buy from ticketfly (Beachland).

16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Ticketfly was used by two prominent "indie" venues in Denver but those venues were just taken over by Live Nation in recent months so they'll soon be Ticketmaster

17. KyleK

Ticketfly is definitely the most prominent ticket website for the indie promoters and (general admission) venues here in Toronto, with two record stores also offering the same tickets. The rest of course sold by TM.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think so. I’m in San Diego and only a single venue uses ticketfly here

19. Arizona here, ticketfly is the vendor for probably 85% of the shows I go to

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

According to “Have I Been Pwnd” I was affected by this breach and this breach alone. Any recommendations for follow up action beyond changing my email password?

21. Enabling two-factor authentication, if that’s an option, is always a good move

Jonathan and Serenity Now like this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

ticketfly is pretty common here in MN