Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple’s WWDC Round-Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Apple’s developer conference, WWDC, was on Monday. Since I was laying in bed trying not to move, I missed the keynote and all the festivities. MacStories has a great run down of the new iOS features:

Apple spent a lot of time this year focusing on performance improvements that make iOS run better on a wide assortment of devices. In iOS 12, even though your iPhone or iPad may not be getting a major Home screen redesign or anything similarly noticeable, one change Apple hopes you will recognize is that your device runs better than ever before.

And the new macOS features:

Apple announced a system-wide Dark Mode, a feature rumored and requested by Mac users for years. During the keynote, Apple showed off Dark Mode with apps like Mail, Messages, Maps, Calendar, and Photos. A developer API will be available so dark mode can be added to third-party apps too.

And Six Colors has a write-up of some of the smaller details that didn’t make the keynote. Once I’m able to move for more than a few minutes at a time, I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts. Looks like some nice performance updates and little additions that should make everyday use better.

JamesMichael, mercury and jorbjorb like this.
  2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Dark Mode! Finally!

mercury, Jonathan and Jason Tate like this.
  3. AMC

Regular

I used to love Apple software,but for a few years now they are just catching up to Android. It's pretty sad.

4. Zero of the apps that run my life are on Android. So, Android is still catching up to them as far as I’m concerned.

JamesMichael and macbethfan like this.
  5. chcougar1

Trusted

Yeah I think Apple still dominates the app world. Some software advancements might be getting stale but I certainly don’t miss the issues I had with my android phones prior to switching over.

Jason Tate likes this.