Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jimmy Eat World Talk With Alt Press

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jim Adkins and Rick Burch of Jimmy Eat World sat down with Alternative Press to talk about the band and their future:

Adkins agrees. “I think that’s one of the reasons it takes us about three years in between our albums. You want to make sure that what you have is your absolute best. If you’re just trying new stuff out, after a while there’s not a life in between that.”

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Weird...I thought I read somewhere that Damage wasn't actually based on a real breakup but the idea of an "adult breakup" served as the lyrical source/theme for the album. That article makes it sound like Adkins actually went through something like that. Not that it's any of my business...but if it's true, that'd change the depth of that record a lot.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  3. moura

Regular

I am under that same impression... I believe in various interviews Jim has so much as stated that he isn't writing about himself, but more or less a character that comes across as extremely personal.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  4. say_hello_to_good_times

Agreed. I am fairly certain Jim has been happily married for quite a long time. I'm not sure where he's getting info.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I know this: Jim's solo tour (which came after they toured on Damage), he had his wife and kid with him, and made it a point to talk about how happy he was to be on the road with them.

My guess is the article's writer made an assumption and it turns out it was a bad one.

mmhmm and FTank like this.
  6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Saw them at Slam Dunk a few weeks back and they were awesome.

Crowd wasn't too big though. They were clashing with Good Charlotte though.

7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I don't know of many bands that have been around as long as they have & still remain relevant, & write amazing music. Integrity Blues is so good, & Love Never/half heart are too. They're incredible... Can't wait to see them again next week in Brooklyn

8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

We don't deserve Jimmy Eat World.

himynameisiain and AshlandATeam like this.
  9. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Favorite band. Not much to take from that interview though.