Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest Announces 2018 Lineup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The first wave of bands playing Riot Fest have been announced. Blink-182 and Beck are headlining and there’s a whole lot of other great bands. You can find the full listing below.

Lineup

• Blink-182
    • Beck
    • Elvis Costello & the Imposters
    • Incubus
    • Young the Giant
    • Interpol
    • Blondie
    • Alkaline Trio
    • Father John Misty
    • Jerry Lee Lewis
    • Dropkick Murphys
    • Bleachers
    • Atmosphere
    • Flogging Molly
    • Cypress Hill
    • Bad Religion
    • Underoath
    • Matt and Kim
    • The Jesus Lizard
    • Sum 41
    • The Voidz
    • The Front Bottoms
    • Twin Peaks
    • K.Flay
    • Suicidal Tendencies
    • Bullet for my Valentine
    • Clutch
    • The Wonder Years
    • Digable Planets
    • Liz Phair
    • Cat Power
    • Gary Numan
    • Killing Joke
    • Hot Snakes
    • Wolfmother
    • Moose Blood
    • SWMRS
    • Johnny Marr
    • Superchunk
    • JD McPherson
    • Reignwolf
    • Lagwagon
    • Pussy Riot
    • FEAR
    • Andrew W.K.
    • GWAR
    • The Aquabats
    • Hobo Johnson & the Lovemakers
    • Face to Face
    • The Exploited
    • The Bouncing Souls
    • Dillinger Four
    • Conflict
    • Piebald
    • Adolescents
    • The Avengers
    • Cobra Skulls
    • HEALTH
    • Calpurnia
    • Kevin Devine
    • The Frights
    • The Districts
    • Arkells
    • The Audition
    • Spitalfield
    • Flor
    • Speedy Ortiz
    • Bully
    • Lower Class Brats
    • Total Chaos
    • The Fever 333
    • Direct Hit!
    • Mom Jeans.
    • Mannequin Pussy
    • Pronoun
    • Beach Goons
    • The Bombpops
    • Badflower
    • Save Face
    • Super Whatevr
    • Beach Bunny
    • No Small Children

Every year, music fans from around the world anticipate who’ll be playing at Riot Fest, the Chicago festival made famous for diverse, innovative lineups, set amongst a fan-friendly three-day celebration of punk, rock ‘n’ roll, hip-hop, metal, indie rock, roots music, and just about everything in between.
    Now in its 14th year, Riot Fest has continued its tradition of being left of the dial, defying the homogeneity seen in many festivals. 2018 brings a cavalcade of incredible artists across five stages in historic Douglas Park. Announced headliners include Blink-182 and Beck (with a third to be revealed during Riot Fest’s second wave lineup announcement, coming in a few weeks). From legends such as Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Costello, to from the socially-conscious rhymes of Atmosphere, to the mainstream rock sounds of Young the Giant, there is truly something for every music lover.

Other notable Riot Fest 2018 bookings include Incubus, Blondie, Interpol, and the return of Russian rabble-rousers Pussy Riot (performing a few years after hosting a truly gripping panel on music and protest with Henry Rollins at Riot Fest 2014). Father John Misty makes his debut at the fest, along with the Jesus Lizard, Gary Numan, and Liz Phair. Pop culture fans will be interested in checking out the first ever Chicago show from Calpurnia (featuring Finn Wolfhard from Netflix’s Stranger Things and the 2017 horror flick, It), as well as family-friendly caped crusaders the Aquabats. In addition, Digable Planets and Cypress Hill are bringing the beats. At the core of it all, the punk rock foundation on which Riot Fest was founded is represented; from classic bands like Fear, Adolescents, Total Chaos, Bad Religion, and the Exploited to the generation of groups they inspired, repped by Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Underoath, Dillinger Four, and so many more. Mind you, this is merely the first wave of bands; more headliners and other artists will be revealed in due time… and as usual, there will be performances of iconic full albums be announced shortly.

2. Spitalfield!

saveferris, Saephon, Kaduck and 8 others like this.
  3. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

It’s an okay lineup

justin. likes this.
  4. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Hahahahah out of all those... that's exactly what I said too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Ahhhh. The field of Spital are back.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Minus Moose Blood, this lineup is fire.

Essie and mercury like this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Beach Bunny, fuck yeah! Awesome small Chicago band

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Audition?! Haven’t heard or seen that name in ages.

justin., Tata Toothy and studskalny like this.
  9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Young the Giant are that big in the US these days? Saw them OPEN for incubus when I was in the US back in 2011 and now they’re basically equal billing? Good for them!

Essie likes this.
  10. studskalny

I met the devil and I stared her in the eyes

Riot Fest is a must every year for me. Can usually pack the entire weekend stage to stage with bands I want to see. Looks good so far.

Whoaaa, I didn't notice that at first. Will see them for sure.

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I usually like their lineups better than I like this one

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  12. Iamhollywood315

Regular

id take this in a heart beat over any lineup from ACL. So many bands play here throughout the year but I hate every Austin festival lineup. Basically they are all Similar to Coachella or lollapalooza

13. Philll

Trusted

Haven't Piebald had some allegations against them too, or am I getting mixed up?

14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I feel like you might be right. I can’t remember though and I don’t think I noticed they were on the lineup when I first read it.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My favorite band on the list

studskalny likes this.
  16. The Format

Regular

Good Lineup. I need to duplicate myself so i can see everyone.

Blink, Beck, Elvis Costello, Young the Giant, Interpol, Alkaline Trio, Father John Misty, Atmosphere, Bad Religion, Underoath, The Front Bottoms, The Wonder Years, Clutch, Lagwagon, GWAR, The Aquabats, Bouncing Souls, Piebald, Kevin Devine, The Audition, Spitalfield, and Direct Hit are all good for me.

17. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

This has me very excited. Somehow I have yet to see Alkaline Trio live, so this will be a bucket list day for me. Also extremely excited for Spitalfield as I never got to see them first time around. Rest of the lineup is solid as well, which makes up for a Lolla lineup that only has one or two artists I'd have any interest in seeing.

18. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Damn! Interpol, Alkaline Trio, HEALTH, Bad Religion, The Wonder Years, and Spitalfield?!

May need to snag a day pass to this...

19. Saephon

Regular

I'm traveling a lot this year so I told myself I'd sit out Riot Fest this time. But Spitalfield...

20. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Wow how I love Spitalfield and still spin them regularly.

21. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Seriously considering going.