Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights Release Documentary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hawthorne Heights have released Die Colorful, a documentary about the making of their latest album, Bad Frequencies.

Singer and Guitarist JT Woodruff shares “While writing and tracking Bad Frequencies, we set up some cameras to see what would happen. We let it unfold, naturally and organically, as the album began to bloom on camera and in session. Set to a musical score and spoken word passages meant to melt away anxiety and stress, Die Colorful is a journey into the making of Bad Frequencies, from our point of view.”

Essie likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Must watch this tonight!!

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love seeing how much these guys have going on these days. The new album is awesome. It was also nice to see their show in San Diego sell out. Solid guys.

4. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I can't wait to watch this...one of my favorite albums of 2018 so far (and possible may favorite of theirs, at least since Silence

Larry David and Bad Frequencies like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Same here!! It’s a good watch. There’s also clips of a song that didn’t make the album in a couple parts that sounds really cool

shawnhyphenray and Larry David like this.
  6. i watched this but thought it was kind of a waste of time... there wasn't a lot of "making the album" stuff like it states. it was mostly just them talking about ohio, weather, touring, weird poetry, mixed with some scenery shots. it was mostly filmed after the album was done so it was more like a retrospective thing than an actual "behind the scenes/making of" kind of documentary, which is what i was actually hoping for. i'd love to see them in the room writing and demoing together, and all that goes into the demo/pre-pro/recording process that they only soooort of touched on.

Larry David likes this.
  7. BTDandFeelingThis

They did a fair job of showing the demoing and recording process, and I found the parts about touring and jt’s mindset in being in a band interesting.

8. i just wanted more in depth stuff of them actually working on the album itself. there were bits of that, for sure, i just wanted that stuff to be the majority because it felt more like the minority compared to the other stuff in the doc.

Larry David and Bad Frequencies like this.