Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vevo to Shut Down Site

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 28, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Amy X Wang, writing at Rolling Stone:

The company announced in a blog post Thursday that it is shuttering its mobile apps and website, and that “going forward, Vevo will remain focused on engaging the biggest audiences and pursuing growth opportunities.” It will continue investing in original content and sponsorships, but phase out its own independently-operated platforms, it said. Read: Vevo is almost entirely succumbing to YouTube, the juggernaut that has long supplied most of its audience.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I wasn’t even aware Vevo had its own website

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I never really knew what vevo was aside from a way to tell which music videos were official on YouTube

4. Raku

Regular

Like everyone else said, I didn't know they had their own thing.

That being said though, this news is still a shame to hear... They should really stick to having their own thing in case YouTube goes under or (the most likely scenario) changes their policies making their content no longer welcome onto the website.

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Well add me to the tally of ppl surprised VEVO existed in any separate capacity from YouTube

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I totally misread that and thought it was that new social media that was trying to launch a few months ago - Vero.

Tylar likes this.
  7. chilllll

Regular

a company that integrated itself so much with its larger competitor is bound to fail