Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Perform on Kimmel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. CSWAPPO

Regular

YIKES!

Raku and CMilliken like this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

Was thinking the same thing. I really don’t like this song and this live performance didn’t help.

Raku and CSWAPPO like this.
  4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Holy crap. Mark sounds awful. Like Tom awful.

Raku, CMilliken and CSWAPPO like this.
  5. :shrug:KOTW is too thin and doesn’t translate live well, me thinks. The rest sounded fine to me.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  6. ARo24

Regular

I can watch Travis plays drums all day. Guy is unreal.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

Ooof....
    I've been a blink fan since Enema--they changed my life. I will support every piece of sound they put into the universe. But man, it's getting harder and harder to listen to them live. My wife goes, "how are they famous?" And I didn't have a solid answer.

Raku, CMilliken and CSWAPPO like this.
  8. The Format

Regular

On par with this one. (wait til the last half...)

David Parke and CSWAPPO like this.
  9. moosic

Hear hear!

This performance is rad. The ending is a bit weird, seems like Tom may have gone with a bit of improvisation on the guitar, but it worked for me.

In terms of the Kimmel performances, I thought those were decent as well... haha. Maybe I’m just in a better mood than the first posters.

I haven’t been as big of a fan of the new blink, but they’ve never been the greatest live band. You see blink for the fun of it, not to be blown away by musicianship. Although Travis is at level 11... so good.

I saw them live at KROQ weenie roast a couple weeks back, and it was so so, but they closed out the day after like 12 hours of live music so I was spent by that point. They’re famous because they are good at what they do, and don’t try to be something they’re not. Just like anything, they’re not for everyone. Xo

10. invaderphantom

Weird, I feel like this is was one of the better performances of Kings of the Weekend. The festival show they played recently, that was bad. But I feel like Mark and Matt both sounded pretty good here... And I mean "good" in blink terms. Let's face it, blink has never been a great live band. I feel like this is one of the better performances in scale of blink-182 live gigs.

slimfenix182 and CSWAPPO like this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Skiba sounds pretty good on "I Miss You." Way better than Tom ever did live.

12. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts

CSWAPPO likes this.