Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Chorus.fm Forum Tribute to Motion City Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

One of my favorite things about the forums is watching talented and motivated people come together to make awesome things. Today I’m excited to feature the latest in the “member compilation” series that has been taking shape in our music forum — a tribute to Motion City Soundtrack. Below you’ll find a stream of the 17-track cover album all dedicated to the awesomeness that is, that was (insert sad face), Motion City Soundtrack.

It looks like the thread will be tackling Weezer next, so if you’re interested in participating, drop on by and see what’s up and how you can get involved.

2. Thanks for posting this, Jason!

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Can't wait to dive into this today.

4. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

So happy to have been a part of this, even if my song pales in comparison to the greatness of the others haha. I said it in the thread but seriously everyone did an amazing job on this and I can't wait to hear and contribute to more!

5. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I saw the headline and assumed this was a sentimental write-up. I braced myself to be bummed. This is so much better! Can't wait to dive in on the commute home.

6. Thanks for posting, Jason! We're all very happy with the way this one came out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. DavidMedeiros

While all of these are great, yours blew me away. I have to say that was so, so great. I saw your follow up criticism of yourself and to see how quickly it was put together... Definitely reminded me of the Dumpweed cover Four Year Strong did. Can't say enough about it!

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

@monokit check this out

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

fredwordsmith likes this.
  10. thetruthisvile

I sing in Sarah and the Safe Word.

This was so fun to be a part of! :heart:

11. Dang man, thanks a bunch! Really appreciate that. Definitely had fun making it!

Jason Tate and DavidMedeiros like this.
  12. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I would love to take part in something like this, if only I had the time.

14. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

This is so cool. It lessens the sting of the breakup.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Things So Impossible

Thank you very, very much! I truly appreciate the feedback and compliment. I don't currently have any original music but I've been posting YouTube covers for about 10 years now. You can find them by just searching for thingssoimpossible with no spaces. I would say that only the more recent videos are any good, but I keep the older ones for historical purposes haha. You'll also see my brother, DashboardProfessional, in many of them! Thanks again for the support :)

fredwordsmith likes this.
  16. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I'm super excited to listen to this, about to que it up at work. Anyone going to share this with Justin from MCS? I think he really likes this kind of stuff.

17. Things So Impossible

I believe Brad said he sent a link to the bandcamp to each MCS member on Twitter, but I'm not positive. That would be absurdly cool if any of them listened to it!

18. I did tweet all of the members a link. I haven't heard anything back from any of them though. At least not yet. Maybe we should share the link again. It'd be awesome if they listen to it!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I'm sure they'll listen if you tweet it. Justin makes himself pretty accessible though his personal Facebook and YouTube channel. He has never failed to respond.

20. cool, i'll facebook him the link!

21. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

Daaaang. I wish I would've known this was happening. I've had a cover of "My Favorite Accident" on my Soundcloud for a couple of years that I would've loved to added. Oh well, here's the link if anyone wants to check it out.

Things So Impossible likes this.
  22. Louie

Takes a Bit More

^Great cover man. Like 5 of these really stand out to me. They are so damn good. Great job guys, talent**.

Things So Impossible likes this.
  23. monokit

master average

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. Icynova

Goddamn I really enjoyed @DashboardProfessional 's cover. Great job man. I'll keep my eyes out if you post any more stuff on YouTube.

25. DashboardProfessional

@Icynova thank you so much! That is extremely appreciated, and means quite a lot to me. If you want, you can find all my original tunes at jaredknapik.bandcamp.com
    And even if it's not your style, I still am very appreciative of you listening to my covers! I plan on continuing to contribute to these!