Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Forever the Sickest Kids Announce ‘Underdog Alma Mater’ Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Forever The Sickest Kids are celebrating the ten year anniversary of Underdog Alma Mater by pressing it to vinyl:

In honor of the 10 year anniversary of our first full-length album, “Underdog Alma Mater”, we are officially announcing the limited edition vinyl! Oddly enough, “Underdog Alma Mater” is the only Forever the Sickest Kids full-length album so far that never got a vinyl edition, so we are in the process of getting these pressed and ready to ship as fast as possible!

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I returned to this album just a few weeks ago... I know the era of "neon pop-punk" or whatever you wanna call it has it's detractors, but I'm glad I was about it

3. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Probably would have purchased this for hilarity/nostalgia's sake if I hadn't found out that the front man (and likely everyone else in the band) is a huge trump supporter.

RileyWitiw and Arry like this.
  4. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I signed up for the pressing and it told me I was #13532 on the list. Are there really that many FTSK fans clamoring for this?

Matt504 likes this.
  5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

It said the same for me lol

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Band had a couple of fun songs but fell on album two and never recovered.

Saephon likes this.
  7. SFguitar

Regular

Cheesy lyrics aside, this album is amazing. Every song is catchy as hell. It should have been huge. It came out on a major label so I don't know what happened.

marceting and Jusscali like this.
  8. She’s a Lady is a jam

Saephon likes this.
  9. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

no

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I used to enjoy these guys - but now as someone pushing 30 it's just too embarrassing to listen to.

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this band was my first show ever

they are horrible

i will go to a ten year tour if they do it

it will suck

12. BradBradley

Regular

Oddly enough, “Underdog Alma Mater” is the only Forever the Sickest Kids full-length album so far that never got a vinyl edition...​

Wait, so they’ve never released the one that people actually liked on vinyl before? These guys - shrewd businessmen.

13. Clockwork

Regular

I saw them last year at the So What Festival in Dallas. It was fun to relive junior high/high school for 50 minutes, but I really have no interest in going any deeper than that.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

genuinely laughed.

15. fbrrocks

Trusted

I got the same number

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

She's a laaaaaady and laaaaaadies... shouldn't be messed with

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I saw them at some church in PA with Farewell when I use to think She's A Lady was a jam, was before this album was even out. They fucking suck.

18. Walkabout

Regular

I'm of the mind that this album does not hold up AT ALL, but I was a huge fan of this stuff when it was hot and I'll always have a soft spot for that era. It's like the shitty hair metal of the 2000's. I appreciate art that is very of its era.

theasteriskera likes this.
  19. shawnhyphenray

Regular

That shouldn't stop you from enjoying their music...you can separate the two

20. transrebel59

Regular

Is The Maine the only band to survive from this era/genre with a legitimate career?

Edit: Forgot All Time Low.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Mayday Parade still sells out the same size rooms as The Maine. I think those are the big three to make it out of that era.

Saephon likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

lol

zachmacD likes this.
  23. They do?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they did pretty well on the a lesson in romantics tour but i don't think they do that well that often

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can speak for Buffalo, NY over the past four years:

Mayday Parade:
    Fall 2014 - 600 cap (sold out)
    Fall 2015 - 1,000 cap (sold out)
    Spring 2017 - 1,000 cap (sold out)

The Maine:
    Spring 2015 - 600 cap (sold out)
    Fall 2017 - 1,000 cap (850/1,000 sold)

CyberInferno likes this.