Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Betty Who Announces New EP; Streams New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Betty Who has announced she’ll release her new EP, Betty Pt. 1, on June 15th. Today she’s debuted the new song “Taste.”

NEW YORK, NY (May 18, 2018) – Pop singer-songwriter BETTY WHO continues to embrace a new chapter of her career with the announcement of her highly-anticipated independent EP Betty Pt. 1, out June 15 – the EP is the first in a series of her conceptual new music rollout. A second EP will be released in the fall and a full-length album next year.
    “This will be my first EP in five years so there is definitely an air of returning to my humble beginnings, but this EP mostly feels like a re-introduction, not just to my fans but in a lot of ways for myself. A lot has changed in a year for me so I felt like it was time to start fresh and see what could come out,” Betty explains. “Every song on this EP is so different from the last – they each have their own very distinctive story to tell, and each represent a part of my personality that I don’t think I’ve sufficiently explored creatively. For the first time in a long time, I’m not thinking about how each song flows together, I’m not worried about what people will think… I just wanted to push myself and find the songs and sounds that I’ve always wanted to put out but never had the guts to.”

Ahead of its imminent June 15 release, Betty debuts the new track “Taste” today, giving eager fans a preview of what to expect from the EP. The song – available everywhere NOW via AWAL Recordings – is a sultry, soon-to-be song of the summer that explores the thrill of an insatiable craving. “Taste” was penned by Betty, JHart, Viljar Losnegård, Sivert Hjeltnes Hagtvet & Pretty Sister, who also produced the track. The song follows the March release of “Look Back,” an energetic, dancehall-tinged anthem that arrived in the midst of her recent headline tour. Both “Look Back” and “Ignore Me,” released in January, will be on the EP along with additional new tracks.

Of the song, Betty says: “I’ve been wanting to put out a song like Taste for a while. It’s sexy, a little rock and roll with just a touch of vampire fetish. What more could a girl need?”

Betty’s vocals are also currently featured on Lemaitre’s newest track “Rocket Girl,” which was deemed the official global theme song for X Games Norway, happening now in Oslo. TIME hailed the track “a little bit Daft Punk, a little bit Justice, and a little bit party pop” and a “good way to kick off a playlist just as summer begins to come into full view.”

Next up, she will head out across the pond for a European/UK tour immediately before Betty Pt. 1’s release and then continue throughout the U.S. with performances at festivals like Electric Forest & Firefly Music Festival.

2. chcougar1

Trusted

Miss the pure pop dance anthems from her first full length

3. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I was thinking Go Betty Go at first...

I aurally forgot all about Betty Who.