Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alice Glass Awarded Nearly $21,000 in Attorney Fees

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pitchfork:

A judge has handed Alice Glass (real name: Margaret Osborn) another pair of courtroom victories in an ongoing dispute with her former Crystal Castles bandmate Ethan Kath (real name: Claudio Palmieri). At a hearing on Wednesday, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Samantha Jessner denied a motion from Kath’s lawyers seeking to vacate the dismissal earlier this year of his defamation lawsuit against Glass. In addition, Jessner awarded Glass a total of $20,882.69 in attorney fees and costs.

Jacob likes this.
  2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

good. hopefully they keep coming. sounds like she went through hell with this guy.

3. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Good.

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

[​IMG]

seriously great news.

5. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

“A lawyer for Glass told Pitchfork in an email, ‘The case is over.’” I mean, other than Kath’s attorney saying he plans to appeal, which you have an automatic right to do in anti-SLAPP cases, and which will probably take two years to resolve thanks to the glacial pace of California’s appellate courts.

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

What does this add to anything aside from apparently trying to one-up the happiness of someone triumphing over their abuser?????

7. DandonTRJ May 19, 2018
    (Last edited: May 19, 2018)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I was attempting to add context and accuracy as an attorney who’s handled anti-SLAPP cases before, including representing women in Glass’ exact position. Please don’t misconstrue my statement as in any way supportive of Kath over Glass — if anything, I bemoan the lack of finality for Glass. My point was that it’s simply not accurate to say the case is over unless Kath abandons the automatic right of appeal provided under California’s Civil Code specifically governing anti-SLAPP cases. If nobody wanted me to point that out on account of it being a buzzkill... sorry?