Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chvrches Perform on Fallon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Joseph Pepe

Super strong performance. Glad they finally decided to add a drummer to their live set this record rotation. Adds a lot

failinginplace likes this.
  3. failinginplace

Regular

came here to say this. the live drummer takes it up a notch, and i freaking love it.

4. zachmacD

Trusted

The band sounds good but I don’t think she’s a great singer. Some notes sound good but sometimes it’s painful

5. ARo24

Regular

This song is so catchy. Pretty cool performance also.

6. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I've seen two live studio performances of this so far and she's sounded a bit rough on both. I've seen them live as well though and she was great. Maybe difficult to really switch it on for one song in studio?

zachmacD likes this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

TBh, every "in-studio" performance I've seen from her has been bad. That cover of "Somebody Else" they did was blasphemous and when I hear "Get Out" on the radio, it just reminds me of a teenage girl telling her dad to get out of her room lol. Idk, to me she just sounds like a kid doing karaoke who can't sing.

I know a lot of times when I'm at a show, the vocals sound better to all of the other stuff going on and the guitars covering it up. Either way, I always like to see alternative bands with a female singer get big so more power to her.

8. failinginplace

Regular

i thought she was shaky for the first half and then got it together the second half of the song. Also, she tried some of these little note flourishes which made me chuckle.

zachmacD likes this.