Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

First Trailer for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 15, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. in some of those shots, the actor's teeth look a little too unnatural and kinda cartoony, but whatever... i hope this is good!

fenway89 and shawnhyphenray like this.
  3. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I hope I enjoy this, but I just can't get over how perfect Sacha Baron Cohen would have been in this role. I don't doubt Rami can pull it off, though. Will definitely see it when it comes out.

4. Rami looks fucking incredible.

5. transrebel59 May 15, 2018
    (Last edited: May 15, 2018)
    transrebel59

Regular

I think this is the catapult that gets Rami to A-list status. But I could also see this movie flopping in America.

6. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

I realllllly hope this is good. Rami looks great! I found the music mashup a little distracting.

David Parke likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This looks so good

8. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

So hyped for this. I don't know much about Rami Malek, but I'm definitely looking forward to checking his other work out. I don't know who the actor is that's portraying Brian May, but he absolutely nails his speech pattern & timber. I thought it was an overdub of Brian's actual voice.

BornToRun likes this.
  9. I don’t know much about queen but this looks magnificent

10. aniafc

Trusted

I have heard mixed things about what people expect from this movie. I don’t know enough about it to really have an opinion on it, but i’m curious what other people here think?

There’s this whole thread that I’ve seen a lot of:

11. tomtom94

Trusted

It's basically going to depend on what sort of biopic it is.

There have been a lot of rumours about Brian May and Roger Taylor pulling strings behind the scene to make the film less of a Freddie Mercury biopic and more of a Queen one - rumours that Freddie dies halfway through and Brian, Roger and John have to cope in the aftermath of his death. This is supposedly why Baron Cohen left, and the Singer stuff did not help.

I have a gut feeling that this is going to go down in history more for its controversy than anything else, unfortunately. Getting a real Stonewall vibe so far.

12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

To my understanding, it’s about the band’s formation, how Freddie’s persona and love of excess made them legendary, how they almost broke up then reunited for LiveAid. There will probably also be references in there to his relationship with Mary Austin and his bisexuality as well.

As far as the AIDS crisis goes, I don’t see why the movie needs to discuss it as a global issue. The band likely wanted the movie to be about Freddie and their music, and they probably thought Freddie would agree with that. I dunno. It would be cool of them to reference it some way, but I guess we’ll have to see how it turns out.

coleslawed likes this.